ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Help please
-
zqkhan
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 21:53
- Gender: Male
Help please
if I cover a full time collection duty(hybrid) for 2 years with temporary full time contract I heard I'll be automatically become permanent under union agreement with Royal mail.please can some one give me the link of that particular agreement or any advice would be grateful.thanks
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Help please
What they say and do tends to be very different! I signed for a full time duty nearly 3 years ago and was covering it for 6months before then yet it was only last year i was moved up to 30hours from 25!
-
zqkhan
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 21:53
- Gender: Male
Help please
Paul1231 advertising that duty currently full time but if you don't want to perform you will be revert to your original contract but if duty last more then 2 year then what?your duty lasted only 1 year that's why may be 2 year rule doesn't apply.was your duty hybrid?
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Help please
No, But the duty I'm on was advertised as full time and I'm still on it now 3 years later i haven't moved off itzqkhan wrote:Paul1231 advertising that duty currently full time but if you don't want to perform you will be revert to your original contract but if duty last more then 2 year then what?your duty lasted only 1 year that's why may be 2 year rule doesn't apply.was your duty hybrid?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Help please
If you have done full time hours for the last 3 months you should get a full time contract if you want it, speak to your union rep
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Help please
Use to come under what was called an implied contract after 24mnths. Not sure if the law still stands , but I did use it to get some P/T's to F/T many yrs ago when I was a Rep.
-
zqkhan
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 21:53
- Gender: Male
Help please
can you hv the copy of that implied contract in writing bkoz our union rep said to me that we hv national agreement now about this.noggin1969 wrote:Use to come under what was called an implied contract after 24mnths. Not sure if the law still stands , but I did use it to get some P/T's to F/T many yrs ago when I was a Rep.
-
zqkhan
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 21:53
- Gender: Male
Help please
No, But the duty I'm on was advertised as full time and I'm still on it now 3 years later i haven't moved off it[/quote]
Hmm strange
Hmm strange
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Help please
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 42&t=46546" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LTB 592/12 New National Agreements – Extended Job Security and World Class Mail
LTB 592/12 New National Agreements – Extended Job Security and World Class Mail
3.2 Royal Mail employees will be employed on permanent contracts, except where there is a genuine short term need identified. CWU will be consulted in advance where there is any such requirement. Temporary contracts will not exceed two years unless it has been jointly agreed that there are very exceptional circumstances. The position of temporary contract employees will be kept under regular review by the local parties, with a view to converting to permanent contracts where and when possible. Additionally, where change programmes have been completed and bedded in, the status of temporary contract employees will be reviewed and converted to permanent contracts unless there is no need for this additional resourcing or where there is an identified and agreed need to continue with a fixed term contract. Royal Mail confirms that as part of the review of this agreement, it is the aspiration to reduce the length of temporary contracts to no more than one year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
zqkhan
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 21:53
- Gender: Male
Help please
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 42&t=46546
LTB 592/12 New National Agreements – Extended Job Security and World Class Mail
3.2 Royal Mail employees will be employed on permanent contracts, except where there is a genuine short term need identified. CWU will be consulted in advance where there is any such requirement. Temporary contracts will not exceed two years unless it has been jointly agreed that there are very exceptional circumstances. The position of temporary contract employees will be kept under regular review by the local parties, with a view to converting to permanent contracts where and when possible. Additionally, where change programmes have been completed and bedded in, the status of temporary contract employees will be reviewed and converted to permanent contracts unless there is no need for this additional resourcing or where there is an identified and agreed need to continue with a fixed term contract. Royal Mail confirms that as part of the review of this agreement, it is the aspiration to reduce the length of temporary contracts to no more than one year.
thanks for that I hope this agreement is still in place.