ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery on a round where you live

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
qw
Posts: 33
Joined: 04 Oct 2012, 21:18
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by qw »

Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Charliecat »

Well if that's true our office is breaking the rule! Couple of pasties I know of stop off at home to have a bacon butty at home!
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Charliecat »

Charliecat wrote:Well if that's true our office is breaking the rule! Couple of pasties I know of stop off at home to have a bacon butty at home!
Well maybe calling the pasties was a bit harsh :chuckle
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Charliecat »

Them ! Bloody typos :crazy:
Pancake123
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
Gender: Female

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Pancake123 »

I am a reserve and I delivered 2 maybe 3 times to the place where I live ( and I had a break at my own home :cuppa as well ) I know some posties do this regularly.
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Glp28357 »

qw wrote:Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?
Never heard that one before! We have posties delivering where they live. I've done it myself.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by noggin1969 »

Have heard of it and it did happen in our office when I first started 30+ yrs ago , but like alot of things it slipped out of use. Same as you couldn't do driving O/T after a night shift.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by centenaryman »

nah...few of our lads always pick there own walk ie were they live.......I always swerve mine on a repick
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by danterossetti »

Delivered to my own house loads of times.
azza30
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 112
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
Gender: Male
Location: Eternal Misery

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by azza30 »

Yep, I'm a reserve and get my street quite often. Park the HCT outside my living room in my full view locked up, and take my half hour with a nice cuppa and sandwich. I even do this when I'm on other rounds that skirt my street. Happy Day's! :dance
Jack1960
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 333
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 17:39
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Jack1960 »

I deliver to my house, gave myself a tenner at Christmas
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Seymour Buts »

As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.
singingpostman
Posts: 148
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by singingpostman »

I certainly delivered my own house for 3 years, helped with deliver to a neighbour more than once as well !
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by aiden01 »

Jack1960 wrote:I deliver to my house, gave myself a tenner at Christmas
:chuckle :chuckle
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by LaggyBand »

postietom wrote:As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.
Unacceptable. If she denies receipt you could be sacked. It isn’t worth the risk. Remember, she is not your wife when in uniform, the sender is everything, notworththeriskworktotimeworktorulePDAactualsnoemotions.