ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ring Bells..........Do You
-
DICKIEG
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
There are a lot of houses with these new Ring Bells ( the ones that film you when you ring them). I never ring them I knock on the door as I don't want to be filmed, out of interest does anybody else not ring them. And do we have to ring them
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
Our office has been told not to use them as we only speak face to face with customers
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
I think they have a motion sensor and record as soon as it's triggered so you are being filmed even if you don't ring the bell
-
Pancake123
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
- Gender: Female
Ring Bells..........Do You
Personally I never use them. I dont wanna listen ( and waste my time) customer’s moaning ,asking to go to neighbor No 5 or to No 10 which is opposite side if the No 5 is not answering ....etc Or explaining them that I cannot leave the parcel in a safeplace ,they simply dont get it.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
that would make sense as a couple of the rings on mine make a noise as I approachA2B wrote:I think they have a motion sensor and record as soon as it's triggered so you are being filmed even if you don't ring the bell
I do use them as a last resort...knock 1st then use them if theres no answer
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
I don't ring doorbells period.
Too many don't work or aren't loud enough to hear in the house.
A good hard three rap on the letterbox will wake the dead.
Too many don't work or aren't loud enough to hear in the house.
A good hard three rap on the letterbox will wake the dead.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
Well that's a new one. I've not encountered these New Camera/Bells yet.
I work on the basis of: Try the Bell... and then regardless I give the door a good bang... with the PDA! No bruised knuckles for me.
Sometimes you'll get someone saying, "My doorbell does work you know"? but I'll just tell them "Force of habit mate". 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
I try to avoid them as much as possible, but they're becoming more and more pervasive.
I just read an artile earlier today that suggests some new models will be fitted with sensors that pick up when a door is knocked on. They're becoming more and more intrusive, the big tech giants are clearly data mining people's front doors now.
What concerns me is the privacy aspect. As soon as the data is uploaded across to the US, what they do with the data is pretty much upto them, facial regognition, profiling, whatever, and nobody that buys these things cares about privacy, as they spend half their lives posting s**t on Facebook.
I just read an artile earlier today that suggests some new models will be fitted with sensors that pick up when a door is knocked on. They're becoming more and more intrusive, the big tech giants are clearly data mining people's front doors now.
What concerns me is the privacy aspect. As soon as the data is uploaded across to the US, what they do with the data is pretty much upto them, facial regognition, profiling, whatever, and nobody that buys these things cares about privacy, as they spend half their lives posting s**t on Facebook.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
I wouldn't be surprised to see them become standard for blocks of flats eventually
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
I have a few on my walk. The funny thing is not one has ever spoke to me through them. They are a con also, to get the full features you need to pay a monthly subscription. Cheapest is 2.50 a month. That probably explains why none talks to me through them.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
They probably have but the speaker is so weak you can hardly hear it, one of my customers has taken his down already saying it was uselessCPTNemoUK wrote:I have a few on my walk. The funny thing is not one has ever spoke to me through them. They are a con also, to get the full features you need to pay a monthly subscription. Cheapest is 2.50 a month. That probably explains why none talks to me through them.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
I use them and to be honest I’m happy to.
If they ask me to deliver to neighbour and the PDA allows me to, I do, and put a card through.
If they ask me to do something dodgy, I say “I can’t, especially when you have video evidence of me doing it”.
Not one person yet has argued against that line.
If they ask me to deliver to neighbour and the PDA allows me to, I do, and put a card through.
If they ask me to do something dodgy, I say “I can’t, especially when you have video evidence of me doing it”.
Not one person yet has argued against that line.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
Depending on the setting they're on they record you regardless of if you press it or not. I don't use them, saves on the row when they ask you to sign for it or door step it. Make sure you follow procedure and try a next door; they have video evidence if you don't!DICKIEG wrote:There are a lot of houses with these new Ring Bells ( the ones that film you when you ring them). I never ring them I knock on the door as I don't want to be filmed, out of interest does anybody else not ring them. And do we have to ring them
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
What if on a rural an next door is a mile away does it still recordpostietom wrote:Depending on the setting they're on they record you regardless of if you press it or not. I don't use them, saves on the row when they ask you to sign for it or door step it. Make sure you follow procedure and try a next door; they have video evidence if you don't!DICKIEG wrote:There are a lot of houses with these new Ring Bells ( the ones that film you when you ring them). I never ring them I knock on the door as I don't want to be filmed, out of interest does anybody else not ring them. And do we have to ring them
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Ring Bells..........Do You
THIS , it’s no big deal some people need to move with the times .LaggyBand wrote:I use them and to be honest I’m happy to.
If they ask me to deliver to neighbour and the PDA allows me to, I do, and put a card through.
If they ask me to do something dodgy, I say “I can’t, especially when you have video evidence of me doing it”.
Not one person yet has argued against that line.