ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dog Attacks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2056
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Dog Attacks

Post by scoobydo79 »

How far should You take the matter ? Royal Mail written warning? Police caution? Court appearance ?Any one gone to court over an attack?
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Dog Attacks

Post by Sir Henry »

Depends on the owners reaction. If they're arseholes about it, screw them into the ground, if they're brain donors teach them a lesson, if they're OK about it be ok with them.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
scoobydo79
Posts: 2056
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Dog Attacks

Post by scoobydo79 »

Screw them into the ground it is then.No apology or regret.Just arrogance and denial .Shouldnt be allowed to have a dog
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Dog Attacks

Post by Sir Henry »

Hope you're taking advantage of the union solicitors for advice. They mightn't go all the way with you but they'll help. Good luck.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Dog Attacks

Post by Lou84 »

I've had three dog bites since working for Royal Mail.
The first, bloke just paid out and the dog was put down - I went through my partners union elsewhere as I wasn't a member of ours at the time and he was peed I didn't get any sick pay as it was in my first year of employment
The second, didn't go anywhere
The third was February just gone, owner has finally admitted liability, going through the union solicitors and looks like it may go to court. Solicitor advised me to turn the first out of court offer

I would also like to ask if anyone has gone to court over a dog bite ?
scoobydo79
Posts: 2056
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Dog Attacks

Post by scoobydo79 »

You know it’s strange.I now feel it isn’t about My injury, the money ,the hassle or even the dog now.Its about the owner being such a tw- -.This is all down to Him.By the way My local council no longer have dog wardens so forum members should check with theirs
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Dog Attacks

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yep I echo the points raised,just had a colleague suffer a nasty dog bite attack,got signed off by doctor for a week(boss still said he coul come in?) so we can already see how Royal Mail don give a stuff,now in the hands of union,police,dog warden,and it seems to rumble on,the urge of it all is laughable at best,as the owner won’t do the decent thing and have the dog put down,it’s down to the postie to make the call and no doubt end up being the bad guy!,as ever they preach one thing and do another
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Dog Attacks

Post by maisymoo04 »

got bit about month ago only bruising of arm (only ha ) needed a crime reference number for royal mail , police came asked me if wanted to go to court said no just wanted the owner to no you cant have your dog running around the yard (it was a haulage firm ) don't deliver there now they send someone in to collect mail . not even a sorry or nothing was having second thoughts now . I have filled in a union dog attack form still waiting for any news tho :arrrghhh :shock: :evil/mad
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Dog Attacks

Post by maisymoo04 »

sorry didn't mention the police k9 section did go down to the firm to have a word with the owner :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Dog Attacks

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Been bit several times. :sad: Don't you just love them when they come out with..... "We'll he's never done that before"?... Well it must be my fault then. :d'oh! It's some owners that need putting down... not the dogs. And they actually let these idiots breed (children not dogs)! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
has2tri
Posts: 63
Joined: 14 Oct 2018, 09:36
Gender: Female

Dog Attacks

Post by has2tri »

Dorset Plodder wrote:And they actually let these idiots breed (children not dogs)! :cuppa
Some of these idiots breed dogs too!!
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

Dog Attacks

Post by antcpfc »

Lou84 wrote:I've had three dog bites since working for Royal Mail.
The first, bloke just paid out and the dog was put down - I went through my partners union elsewhere as I wasn't a member of ours at the time and he was peed I didn't get any sick pay as it was in my first year of employment
The second, didn't go anywhere
The third was February just gone, owner has finally admitted liability, going through the union solicitors and looks like it may go to court. Solicitor advised me to turn the first out of court offer

I would also like to ask if anyone has gone to court over a dog bite ?
I did it took three years and I was awarded 3k in the county court.Didn't get a penny though as they had sweet FA. They have moved (I know where but don't ask how) and just because I hold grudges I may get the bailiffs after them just to piss them off.
Slider tool. Lol.