ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Schools/business post
-
Tim76
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 23 Sep 2018, 10:51
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
we have been told any school or business that hasn't set up a keep safe over Christmas has to be killed off after one delivery attempt. It seems rather harsh and not good for publid relations.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
It may not sound great but that is the rules and most businesses and schools should know that
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
Schools/business post
Business, aye, but Schools? No way. What a pathetic decision - there could well be very important letters, reports etc in there from councils, NHS and the like. This is just a powertrip for a manager. But yet again they fail to see the long term over their little ego's. For example, NHS sends a Paediatric report to Head of school. School doesn't receive it. Head calls hospital. Said it was sent. Head looks into it - 1 month later finds out RM sent it back and killed off school address. Head calls NHS and council and tells them. NHS trust uses another company. School uses another, council use another etc etc.
But there you go.
So much for a public part of the community service.
But there you go.
So much for a public part of the community service.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
Perhaps a bit of common sense for short half term or Xmas holidays but expecting a freebie keepsafe for six week summer holidays is a bit of a cheekazza30 wrote:Business, aye, but Schools? No way. What a pathetic decision - there could well be very important letters, reports etc in there from councils, NHS and the like. This is just a powertrip for a manager. But yet again they fail to see the long term over their little ego's. For example, NHS sends a Paediatric report to Head of school. School doesn't receive it. Head calls hospital. Said it was sent. Head looks into it - 1 month later finds out RM sent it back and killed off school address. Head calls NHS and council and tells them. NHS trust uses another company. School uses another, council use another etc etc.
But there you go.
So much for a public part of the community service.
especially when the stream of thick catalogues from business equipment/stationary companies and the like doesn't cease.
For a while I delivered to a school (to the reception) - one day I happened to see that on the top of the computer base station that the receptionist used
there was a pot filled with uncancelled stamps that had obviously been cut off envelopes. I innocently inquired if they were being collected for
charity and the receptionist blatantly stated 'No, we try and soak them off and use them again, but I suppose I shouldn't be telling you that really should I? Chuckle, chuckle'
Whenever I visited that school again I did a double check to make sure that I cancelled all their stamps.....
-
Delbhoy
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 05 May 2013, 23:10
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
Just before Xmas a letter was sent out to all schools/nursery’s and businesses on my walk regarding keepsafe it’s obviously a moneymaker for r.m. And wether we postys agree/disagree it’s not going to change
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
Corporate enterprise has no heart.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
Mail for the local police station which has an unmanned front desk gets killed off 
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
I've been asking for years why businesses shut at Christmas are not paying for a keepsafe.
May as well bang my head against a brick wall.
Turn down income for Royal mail but then moan when someone claims overtime
Smiffy
May as well bang my head against a brick wall.
Turn down income for Royal mail but then moan when someone claims overtime
Smiffy
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Schools/business post
Get revenue protection involved. No matter how small, I wouldn't let anyone take the piss out of me or what I'm doing.yellowbelly wrote:Perhaps a bit of common sense for short half term or Xmas holidays but expecting a freebie keepsafe for six week summer holidays is a bit of a cheekazza30 wrote:Business, aye, but Schools? No way. What a pathetic decision - there could well be very important letters, reports etc in there from councils, NHS and the like. This is just a powertrip for a manager. But yet again they fail to see the long term over their little ego's. For example, NHS sends a Paediatric report to Head of school. School doesn't receive it. Head calls hospital. Said it was sent. Head looks into it - 1 month later finds out RM sent it back and killed off school address. Head calls NHS and council and tells them. NHS trust uses another company. School uses another, council use another etc etc.
But there you go.
So much for a public part of the community service.
especially when the stream of thick catalogues from business equipment/stationary companies and the like doesn't cease.
For a while I delivered to a school (to the reception) - one day I happened to see that on the top of the computer base station that the receptionist used
there was a pot filled with uncancelled stamps that had obviously been cut off envelopes. I innocently inquired if they were being collected for
charity and the receptionist blatantly stated 'No, we try and soak them off and use them again, but I suppose I shouldn't be telling you that really should I? Chuckle, chuckle'
Whenever I visited that school again I did a double check to make sure that I cancelled all their stamps.....
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3346
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
Probably cause they know they won't get killed off. And some employees are too busy running out the door to go looking for stickers and a crayon.2Shedz wrote:I've been asking for years why businesses shut at Christmas are not paying for a keepsafe.
The machine stops.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
Arent you meant to attept for 3 or 4 days before knocking them down no access?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
Can anybody confirm this? I've unexpectedly ended up on a duty with a couple of schools and a number of firms on; I ended up bringing loads back today because I couldn't deliver those without letterboxes. I thought there was a set number of days to try residentals and businesses before you kill them off?
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
So you kill them off and send them on for processing ,creating more work and expense for rm.You may as well keep hold of them till they reopen.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Schools/business post
It's EU/UK postal regulator competition rules. In short you can't charge one entity for a service then give another entity the same service for free. If you get one of the RM auditor type bods in your office and they see the school mail being held unofficially the rattle will get thrown out of the pram. I tend to take the school mail out with me on delivery and if I'm lucky a cleaner or repair person will have the door open enabling me to deliver the mail. I have tried numerous times to get the school to take out keepsafes but they are either reluctant or just don't do it. DOM has sent out letters to all the schools in the past but no notice was taken.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.