Good post, I'm assuming the article refers to posties that have "volunteered" to start after normal duty time to do parcels so RM can save money by using their existing vans.
miles_peters wrote:its nice to see that our hard work is being recognised and hopefully the GP will take note of what we have to deal with. thanks for posting this
A headline that states "...afraid to work in the dark...."
"...another employee moans...."
are hardly journalistic turns of phrase that to my mind would endear us to the GP. Can't say I'm surprised from what looks like the Daily Express.
EdRush wrote:Not one of royal mail's brightest ideas
Wouldn't think it's RM authorised - just some journo who's had to do some work late on a Saturday and just lazily scraped off RM chat. Just goes
to show who could be reading what gets put on here though.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
I must admit I do like the title "why posties are afraid of the dark". If the journalist was to venture where I deliver to later on, he might be afraid as well!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.