ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Weather warnings and advice to not travel

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jiperjuper
Posts: 45
Joined: 11 Dec 2018, 23:13
Gender: Male

Weather warnings and advice to not travel

Post by Jiperjuper »

When the weather warnings are out and police advise not to use the roads but the management know better and want you at work

What do you do
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Weather warnings and advice to not travel

Post by Celgar »

I presume you are talking about the eight inches of snow due to fall in parts of Scotland tonight? Last year we had the beast from the east and red weather warnings which closed a lot of RM down. I don't think we are there yet but if it is that unsafe where you are then just try and get to your nearest DO.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Weather warnings and advice to not travel

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:I presume you are talking about the eight inches of snow due to fall in parts of Scotland tonight? Last year we had the beast from the east and red weather warnings which closed a lot of RM down. I don't think we are there yet but if it is that unsafe where you are then just try and get to your nearest DO.
and you can't use your car to do so as you'd need business use on your car insurance. Many policies for "commuting" only allow between your home address and your normal place of work
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Weather warnings and advice to not travel

Post by Celgar »

In my case I would walk to the DO which would take about twenty five minutes. I didn't actually think about that car insurance issue though. Insurers are always looking for ways to not pay out money.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Weather warnings and advice to not travel

Post by noggin1969 »

We got told , everybody to come back on time on Saturday due to the freezing rain warning. ( Nothing to do with a days O/T saving :whistle ) :Very Happy
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Weather warnings and advice to not travel

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Our managers didn't even say a word about the weather. It was just a normal day in thier eyes.