ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pda shortage

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by Smith1212 »

In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Smith1212 wrote:In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.
Got a shortage in our office also. The Hct walks don't get one. There's been a fair bit of moaning.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by Trail »

Smith1212 wrote:In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.
When there was a shortage of PDAs at our place I flat refused to go out on delivery.

If you're not giving me the tools to get the job done...

It took them a minute to find me two PDAs.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2056
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by scoobydo79 »

What about Your 2D codes?You must be missing em all.No way should you have 1 between you
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by Smith1212 »

Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by themailman »

Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
You can be conducted for taking pics of barcodes.
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by miles_peters »

Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
what if you don't have a phone to take pictures?

this is bad management.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by centenaryman »

miles_peters wrote:
Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
what if you don't have a phone to take pictures?

this is bad management.

blimey were short of scanners.....I chose out of our pair to go without....
I DONT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF 2D`s for the time being...
I have to jot down on the old type sheet all the tracked numbers and get customers to scribble a signature some were next to the number
2 days running I have messed up on tracked numbers so they cant be entered into my partners pda.

Rain all day today I had a load of paper mache sheets with barcodes fading today LOL

dom tutted when I couldn't make out a number....my fault? lol

oh an btw we were told at a team brief to use our phones to take pics of the barcodes.......no way was I using my phone in the rain today
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by postslippete »

PDA shortage has to be one of the key reasons why Tracked items are not being scanned...
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by Seymour Buts »

We were short, a couple have turned up recently though. It's a pain in the arse, no getting away from that. I'm on packets and had to go a day without one. I used my phone; was no way I was writing everything down.
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by Smith1212 »

themailman wrote:
Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
You can be conducted for taking pics of barcodes.
Not when your told to in work time learner by your boss
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Smith1212 wrote:
themailman wrote:
Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
You can be conducted for taking pics of barcodes.
Not when your told to in work time learner by your boss
And said boss if the s**t were to hit the fan about taking photos of the barcodes would if it's not been put signed, in writing would just deny giving that instruction
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by Smith1212 »

Yeah 60 other workers got the same message so I don’t think you could really deny it
A2B
Posts: 2029
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by A2B »

You've got to be mad using your personal phone to cover RMs shortcomings
Dave3456
Posts: 4
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 07:46
Gender: Male

Pda shortage

Post by Dave3456 »

Yep same in our DO .short on pdas. Told to forget about 2ds And delivered scanned just make sure tracked items are clear on epod cards .. Oh and try not to cut off .lol