I think the letter in todays Courier speaks volumes about this company. To paraphrase the answer to a question about having defibrillators in offices:
"We put one in the biggest offices, but the rest of you can take a hike if you ever need one. Anyway there's probably one in the local supermarket half a mile up the road so just waste 10 minutes fetching that one while the OP having the heart attack dies. PS the DOM can apply to BUY one if you're that fussed about a minor thing like life and death"
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Courier - Defibrillators
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
Your spot on my friend,sums this company up,glad I finally don’t receive that courier anymore,finally after 3 attempts I finally got it stopped,pointing out that it bares no resemblance to my workplace what so ever,on that note I wonder how many units have a first aide? I’m guessing not everyone,we certainly don’t,
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
I think every large office with 100 workers or so should have one.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
why only large offices?postslippete wrote:I think every large office with 100 workers or so should have one.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
I'd move my hand off their heart before using it....Mobey wrote:And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
They’re all automated now. Just put the pads on and the machine will do the business if requiredMobey wrote:And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
Pun intended!crimson king wrote:I'd move my hand off their heart before using it....Mobey wrote:And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
Exactly, it's down the machine to analyse the rhythm of the heart and advise if a shock is needed! It's not as scary as people think but not as successful as tv shows!
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Courier - Defibrillators
It would be great if they could equip every office with one. I wouldn't mind being trained to use one.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
I can send you unofficial training by PM if you want.Interested-seeker wrote:It would be great if they could equip every office with one. I wouldn't mind being trained to use one.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
You simply open the lid and listen,it tells you want to do,
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Courier - Defibrillators
Pretty much, but there's a few more things to be mindful of.