ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What you guys eat?!
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
I'm a big bloke ( 6ft.5) and when I became a postie in August I had 15 stone... yesterday I had 12.7 . I eat first thing in the morning before I go to work...at around 9ish I'm in the DO's canteen having a full English...at about 12:30 having my meal relief (2 big sandwiches + nuts and crisps) and on the way to my last loops I'll have another 2 ...3 snickers bars or whatever have with me that day. Finish work...a proper meal...at about 8 o'clock in the evenings another meal....and I'm still loosing weight . What you guys eat to maintain your weight? All the best
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
From what I've seen of others, you generally lose weight in the first 3 months before your metabolism adjusts. You might then plateau for a little. tbh, around about now I would expect you to start gaining weight again. Pretty standard in this business from what I've seen.
As for food, in this job you literally are what you eat. Others will add their thoughts, I tend to think pasta in the evening usually helps the following day.
As for food, in this job you literally are what you eat. Others will add their thoughts, I tend to think pasta in the evening usually helps the following day.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
What you guys eat?!
Lately, my diet has consisted of mostly chocolate................................................

-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
Who ate all the pies you did you did you fat. B. lol.WhiteMoses wrote:I'm a big bloke ( 6ft.5) and when I became a postie in August I had 15 stone... yesterday I had 12.7 . I eat first thing in the morning before I go to work...at around 9ish I'm in the DO's canteen having a full English...at about 12:30 having my meal relief (2 big sandwiches + nuts and crisps) and on the way to my last loops I'll have another 2 ...3 snickers bars or whatever have with me that day. Finish work...a proper meal...at about 8 o'clock in the evenings another meal....and I'm still loosing weight . What you guys eat to maintain your weight? All the best
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
Pharry. :))) . Lol. I'm not at all fat . By bones are very heavy \•/ lol
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
What you guys eat?!
My ex manager did!PHARRY wrote:Who ate all the pies you did you did you fat. B. lol.WhiteMoses wrote:I'm a big bloke ( 6ft.5) and when I became a postie in August I had 15 stone... yesterday I had 12.7 . I eat first thing in the morning before I go to work...at around 9ish I'm in the DO's canteen having a full English...at about 12:30 having my meal relief (2 big sandwiches + nuts and crisps) and on the way to my last loops I'll have another 2 ...3 snickers bars or whatever have with me that day. Finish work...a proper meal...at about 8 o'clock in the evenings another meal....and I'm still loosing weight . What you guys eat to maintain your weight? All the best
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
Christ! I don't eat till my lunch at 2 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
I'm the same. Very rarely I have breakfast. But 90% of the time I don't eat till I get home. But if I do have a breakfast I get more hungry in the day.postietom wrote:Christ! I don't eat till my lunch at 2
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
I remember a security guard at a firm I used to collect from saying he'd never seen a fat postie.
There are quite a number in the mcs though.
There are quite a number in the mcs though.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
Same. I simply don't understand how people throw chocolate, chrisps, sandwhiches ect ect at 8 or 9 in the morning like they do at our office. I'd be sick I think! There's something about breakfast starting your metabalism I think?CPTNemoUK wrote:I'm the same. Very rarely I have breakfast. But 90% of the time I don't eat till I get home. But if I do have a breakfast I get more hungry in the day.postietom wrote:Christ! I don't eat till my lunch at 2
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
Cookies and doughnuts this morning from the manager, nice
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
You can eat a hell of a lot when working as a postie's , but when you retire watch out otherwise you will turn into a 16 stone bloater like me ! 
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
Breakfast...Fried, salted and peppered Chestnut mushrooms and tomatoes with two eggs, served on wholemeal wrap with cottage cheese with Tabasco chipotle or salmon/ avocado on toasted rye bread spread with cottage cheese (for salmon) or marmite (for avocado).
Lunch ...three or four chicken breasts in wraps with picallii or roast beef in wrap with horseradish.
Then the wife's cooking for dinner ...
Followed by supper of prawns in wrap or cream of asparagus soup or chicken and rice.
Result? I'm built like a finely honed whippit
Lunch ...three or four chicken breasts in wraps with picallii or roast beef in wrap with horseradish.
Then the wife's cooking for dinner ...
Followed by supper of prawns in wrap or cream of asparagus soup or chicken and rice.
Result? I'm built like a finely honed whippit
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
What you guys eat?!
Marmite and avocado?crimson king wrote:or marmite (for avocado).
Seriously?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
What you guys eat?!
Three or four whole breasts? Full chicken fillets? That's a whole lot!crimson king wrote: Lunch ...three or four chicken breasts in wraps with picallii or roast beef in wrap with horseradish