If another depot is short staffed and I am sent there as cover. Whose responsibility is it to get me there. Do I go at my own expense ie my car or public transport, or is it royal mails responsibility to get me there in a van or to pay my public transport costs. Also whose hours would I work my depots or the new depots.
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lent out to another depot
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Lent out to another depot
The office your contracted to have to get you elsewhere & back within your duty timeMgreen123 wrote:If another depot is short staffed and I am sent there as cover. Whose responsibility is it to get me there. Do I go at my own expense ie my car or public transport, or is it royal mails responsibility to get me there in a van or to pay my public transport costs. Also whose hours would I work my depots or the new depots.
Thanks
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Lent out to another depot
Do not use your own vehicle unless you specifically have suitable insurance for commuting to different places - most policies only cover to and from a fixed place of work.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Lent out to another depot
Never use your own vehicle , it then becomes too convenient to loan you out !
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Lent out to another depot
You start at your office at your contracted start time and need to be back at your office to finish at your finish time (unless you agree to work overtime) and it is RM responsibility to get you to and back from the other office.Mgreen123 wrote:If another depot is short staffed and I am sent there as cover. Whose responsibility is it to get me there. Do I go at my own expense ie my car or public transport, or is it royal mails responsibility to get me there in a van or to pay my public transport costs. Also whose hours would I work my depots or the new depots.
Thanks