Hi all
I’ve worked for Royal Mail for over 18 months,I’m on a 25 hour contract but since start I’ve done 40 hours per week, I’m told that extending my contracted hours is not possible.
We now have had some more new starters and they have been given 30 hour contracts and a further position is on the website, so this doesn’t seem right. Does anyone know the ins and outs of whether staff on 25 hr contracts should be given priority or at least prior notice of jobs that have more hours than what they are working contractually at the moment
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Contracted hours
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Contracted hours
I would have thought if there was additional hours given to an office they would have been offered to present P/T staff in seniority order in the first instance who have expressed an interest in increasing their contracted hours.Bandit325 wrote:Hi all
I’ve worked for Royal Mail for over 18 months,I’m on a 25 hour contract but since start I’ve done 40 hours per week, I’m told that extending my contracted hours is not possible.
We now have had some more new starters and they have been given 30 hour contracts and a further position is on the website, so this doesn’t seem right. Does anyone know the ins and outs of whether staff on 25 hr contracts should be given priority or at least prior notice of jobs that have more hours than what they are working contractually at the moment
Have you taken this matter to your union official.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Contracted hours
You're being stitched up. Lied to. Speak to your union rep, start refusing the overtime you are doing until something is done. Completely unacceptable to have people less senior to you on better contracts.