ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notice period
-
Blue432
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 02 Oct 2018, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Notice period
What's the notice period for a newbie (10 weeks)?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Notice period
Hi there, the notice period for new starters is now 4 weeks.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Notice period
If you want to leave just leave as you wouldn’t get much of a reference either way have you something else lined up?
-
Blue432
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 02 Oct 2018, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Notice period
No, I haven't got the ball rolling yet. Just needed to know the notice period before I do.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Notice period
You legally don’t need to work any notice lol
Do management deserve it?
Do management deserve it?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Notice period
No they don't in all honesty, but better to keep the moral high ground. You never know but yiou may want to return.jd9442 wrote:You legally don’t need to work any notice lol
Do management deserve it?
-
Blue432
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 02 Oct 2018, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Notice period
I wouldn't just leave - I would work the notice period.rubberbond wrote:No they don't in all honesty, but better to keep the moral high ground. You never know but yiou may want to return.jd9442 wrote:You legally don’t need to work any notice lol
Do management deserve it?
Some days I like the job, but I'm fed up of going over my hours. I don't want to cut off as I'm on probation still. Even when I've said that I won't finish on time, and been told I'll get paid for the extra I do, I haven't seen any difference on my wage slip.
Seems like a worthwhile job in which you can earn a fair amount, according to what I've read on here, but as 25hr reserve, I don't know if I'll experience any of that lol.
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Notice period
Blue, claim your overtime. It's usually a sheet hidden in your doms office under his coffee cup.
-
pex
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Notice period
As Panch1989 has said, ask anyone where the excess hours daily sheet is located, and claim for every five minutes worked plus 15mins break (+15MB) if you haven't taken your breaks.
One thing Royal Mail is bad at is communication, but after 9 months I have found most posties will help if asked with the day to day info that we should be informed off in the first week.
Fortunatly, my office will pay without any problems if you have done any excess time.
If it helps, the job physically gets a little better after several months as you body gets used to the routine, and spring/summer is great.
Good luck with whatever path you choose.
One thing Royal Mail is bad at is communication, but after 9 months I have found most posties will help if asked with the day to day info that we should be informed off in the first week.
Fortunatly, my office will pay without any problems if you have done any excess time.
If it helps, the job physically gets a little better after several months as you body gets used to the routine, and spring/summer is great.
Good luck with whatever path you choose.
-
Blue432
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 02 Oct 2018, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Notice period
If I get this sheet and put in my extra time, would I automatically get payment, or does it have to be agreed first with the manager?
As I'm having to do some of the prep etc, I'm not getting out 'til an hour after start time but I don't want it to be seen as a 'performance issue' as I'm on probation.
As I'm having to do some of the prep etc, I'm not getting out 'til an hour after start time but I don't want it to be seen as a 'performance issue' as I'm on probation.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Notice period
Technically you shouldn't be prepping anything as I am assuming you are only part-time. Part-timers really "should" only be delivering.Blue432 wrote:If I get this sheet and put in my extra time, would I automatically get payment, or does it have to be agreed first with the manager?
As I'm having to do some of the prep etc, I'm not getting out 'til an hour after start time but I don't want it to be seen as a 'performance issue' as I'm on probation.