ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Buying holidays
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Buying holidays
Does anyone buy holiday days, I did last year and my manager told me the way it works is you get 2 weeks to pick after everyone has chosen their holidays, I had asked to buy a week but he said it's so many days you get so end up with 2 weeks , does anyone know how this works?
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Buying holidays
I purchase 4 days leave as I have a 26 day entitlement and I just pick all my 6 weeks in one go
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Buying holidays
Nope, he’s lying to you. Purchased hokidays are treated just like any othe annual leave you have. Book them as you book you standard issued annual leavePostiebear wrote:Does anyone buy holiday days, I did last year and my manager told me the way it works is you get 2 weeks to pick after everyone has chosen their holidays, I had asked to buy a week but he said it's so many days you get so end up with 2 weeks , does anyone know how this works?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Buying holidays
You buy a week and end up with 2?! No, if you have 2 weeks extra leave you spread the cost of those weeks over the other 50; it's 2 weeks money spead over 50 payments that come out your wages each week. That's how you 'buy' leave. I'm not sure if you can do any less than 2. It's booked with your regular leave too.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Buying holidays
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... AL#p821632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8257&mode=view
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8257&mode=view
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Buying holidays
im thick is that 1% of yearly pay or weekly it would cost?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Buying holidays
Actually both, but it is taken off in weekly amounts.leolion855 wrote:im thick is that 1% of yearly pay or weekly it would cost?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Buying holidays
So 1% of your weekly wage (gross) is taken to pay for POAL.
Which multiplied by 52 means that it's also 1% of your annual gross wage.
Which multiplied by 52 means that it's also 1% of your annual gross wage.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Buying holidays
I was advised by my workplace coach to ask for this as soon as I started, but still haven't received a form
-
miakate
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 28 Jul 2017, 15:51
- Gender: Female
Buying holidays
I asked my DOM if i could purchase more annual leave about 2 weeks ago. Still haven't received a form in the post... Does anyone know when these are sent out? and what is the deadline to get the form sent back?
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Buying holidays
There is no form. DOM just has to click a few buttons, which buttons I don't know but is is apparently easy.
I bought upper to the full 6 weeks this time last year.
Couple of days after asking a leave sheet given back to me with full 6 week allowance on it
I bought upper to the full 6 weeks this time last year.
Couple of days after asking a leave sheet given back to me with full 6 week allowance on it
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Buying holidays
it's booked with your regular leave
BUT
not before everyone else gets their standard (non bought) leave chosen.
BUT
not before everyone else gets their standard (non bought) leave chosen.