ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas schedule

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

Christmas schedule

Post by WhiteMoses »

Evening all. As will be my first Christmas in RM I'm wondering how is the work schedule. I'm interested more for 24th of December. I have a meal booked at 2 o'clock with some family members.is a working day the 24th ?Though I might be the luckiest guy in my office.as we expecting a baby boy around Christmas . If he will come early I'm on paternity leave . TA
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Christmas schedule

Post by leolion855 »

WhiteMoses wrote:Evening all. As will be my first Christmas in RM I'm wondering how is the work schedule. I'm interested more for 24th of December. I have a meal booked at 2 o'clock with some family members.is a working day the 24th ?Though I might be the luckiest guy in my office.as we expecting a baby boy around Christmas . If he will come early I'm on paternity leave . TA

yes youll be working contraced hours on 24th
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Christmas schedule

Post by Postie45 »

yes itll be your regular working hours, in the past much of the Xmas rush had been cleared and Xmas eve was actually like a light Tuesday, but nowadays its becoming just a regular day and i wouldnt expect to finish before your scheduled finishing time.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Christmas schedule

Post by centenaryman »

yeah Christmas eve is the Monday this year so a normal day....our office is 230pm fin that day.

going by past experience Christmas eve slackens of a bit AS long as your office is clearing....
our dom this year seems up on the planning plenty of parcel drivers an alike..
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Christmas schedule

Post by rambo1 »

Monday Xmas eve, can't see it being that busy really, maybe a few specials, but most of the general population will probably think we won't be even working and finishing Saturday, like the rest of the civilised jobs. Unless your office has a backlog of course.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Christmas schedule

Post by Interested-seeker »

WhiteMoses wrote:Evening all. As will be my first Christmas in RM I'm wondering how is the work schedule. I'm interested more for 24th of December. I have a meal booked at 2 o'clock with some family members.is a working day the 24th ?Though I might be the luckiest guy in my office.as we expecting a baby boy around Christmas . If he will come early I'm on paternity leave . TA
It depends on your duty/contracted hours. I am guessing as it is your first Christmas that you are on a short contract, maybe 20 hours, if that is the case just do your 4 hours a day and cut off.