ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How do I transfer?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

How do I transfer?

Post by woking »

I've seen a job I want to go for nearly 300 miles from where I work at the moment the start date is 19th Dec how do I go about applying for this please?
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

How do I transfer?

Post by jd9442 »

https://myfuture.myroyalmail.com/my-rol ... nternally/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

How do I transfer?

Post by lightningpostman »

woking wrote:I've seen a job I want to go for nearly 300 miles from where I work at the moment the start date is 19th Dec how do I go about applying for this please?
apply online, myroyal mail phone hr for log in details
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

How do I transfer?

Post by dohnut »

woking wrote:I've seen a job I want to go for nearly 300 miles from where I work at the moment the start date is 19th Dec how do I go about applying for this please?
Thats some commute :shock: .
south London postie
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
Gender: Male

How do I transfer?

Post by south London postie »

Fwiw, if I badly wanted the job I'd phone the DO the day before my next day off and ask if the manager will be in tomorrow as you'd like to speak to them. I'd put together a very simple letter explaining why I wanted the job - where I'd be living, all the basics - and I'd catch a train and hand it to him/her personally on my day off - let them see who they would be getting. Obv. apply for the job officially first.
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

How do I transfer?

Post by woking »

south London postie wrote:Fwiw, if I badly wanted the job I'd phone the DO the day before my next day off and ask if the manager will be in tomorrow as you'd like to speak to them. I'd put together a very simple letter explaining why I wanted the job - where I'd be living, all the basics - and I'd catch a train and hand it to him/her personally on my day off - let them see who they would be getting. Obv. apply for the job officially first
I've been to the office & met the dom he regularly texts me with updates when the job is going to be advertised & has sent me the names of other offices that have vacancies in the area. It's all up to me now to sort but I can't access the the website as I've forgotten login details.also I've not even mentioned to my dom that I want to transfer & I'm dreading the response once I do
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

How do I transfer?

Post by woking »

What is hr phone number please?I'm out the country at the moment so I don't have the number to hand,thanks
jd9442
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
Gender: Male

How do I transfer?

Post by jd9442 »

User name = your employee number e.g. 10999549
Password = your National Insurance number without any dashes or spaces.
Note: The first two letters should be upper case, and the last, lower case e.g. AB123456c