ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Start time again
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Start time again
25 hour contract
Been told I MUST finish at the full timers finishing times. Ok whatever.
But the issue is them putting my start time to equal 6 hours work.
So as I’ve been told it’s the finishing time I must abide by, can I get in trouble for simply coming in 5 hours before the finishing time?
Been told I MUST finish at the full timers finishing times. Ok whatever.
But the issue is them putting my start time to equal 6 hours work.
So as I’ve been told it’s the finishing time I must abide by, can I get in trouble for simply coming in 5 hours before the finishing time?
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Start time again
Just tell them you want to work 25 hours and what are my start and finish times.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Start time again
jd9442 wrote:25 hour contract
Been told I MUST finish at the full timers finishing times. Ok whatever.
But the issue is them putting my start time to equal 6 hours work.
So as I’ve been told it’s the finishing time I must abide by, can I get in trouble for simply coming in 5 hours before the finishing time?
If you're contracted to work 5 hours you come in 5 hours before your finish time.
If they want you to work 6 hour days tell them you want a 4 day week or a 30 hour contract.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Start time again
Is there something that specifically says that I come in 5 hours before the finish time? I mean, what’s to say I can’t come in at the start time on the sheet and leave 5 hours laterWoody Guthrie wrote:jd9442 wrote:25 hour contract
Been told I MUST finish at the full timers finishing times. Ok whatever.
But the issue is them putting my start time to equal 6 hours work.
So as I’ve been told it’s the finishing time I must abide by, can I get in trouble for simply coming in 5 hours before the finishing time?
If you're contracted to work 5 hours you come in 5 hours before your finish time.
If they want you to work 6 hour days tell them you want a 4 day week or a 30 hour contract.
-
Startingover
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Start time again
In the Office that I work, those on 25 hour contracts are expected to work the same hours as those on 30 hour contracts and therefore automatically get paid o/t for the extra hours.
Is that what will happen for you?
Is that what will happen for you?
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Start time again
Your manager.I mean, what’s to say I can’t come in at the start time on the sheet and leave 5 hours later
You've been told what your finish time is.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Start time again
RM runs most of the part time duties with the prep being done by other posties then you come in and tie up and deliver it. If RM did it the other way around and had end bits of walks left to deliver it would be much more difficult to plan & cover.
In our office we currently have a part time duty which is four full days of prep and full delivery of a walk but we have been unsuccessful so far in getting someone to take the job. A lot of people only want limited hours of work otherwise the benefits they receive will be reduced. We have just had forty applicants for the job and one person has been accepted but nothing is guaranteed and this one may fall through like the ones before.
In our office we currently have a part time duty which is four full days of prep and full delivery of a walk but we have been unsuccessful so far in getting someone to take the job. A lot of people only want limited hours of work otherwise the benefits they receive will be reduced. We have just had forty applicants for the job and one person has been accepted but nothing is guaranteed and this one may fall through like the ones before.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Start time again
Think that’s what they expectStartingover wrote:In the Office that I work, those on 25 hour contracts are expected to work the same hours as those on 30 hour contracts and therefore automatically get paid o/t for the extra hours.
Is that what will happen for you?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Start time again
Better to get paid for any work you do beyond duty time than to not get paid for doing it. RM has got used to getting the work done on the cheap and I don't see that changing any time soon.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Start time again
Get hold of the Sign in sheet.
Get hold of the manager.
Tell him it's wrong.
Ask him to confirm in writing your start and finish times, then ignore times on sign in sheet.
Get hold of the manager.
Tell him it's wrong.
Ask him to confirm in writing your start and finish times, then ignore times on sign in sheet.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Start time again
What start and finish time does it say on your contract.
A written contract cannot be changed verbally without agreement from both parties.
A written contract cannot be changed verbally without agreement from both parties.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Start time again
Apart from new stars would the hour sin anyone's contract actually reflect their hours?Tomolo208 wrote:What start and finish time does it say on your contract.
A written contract cannot be changed verbally without agreement from both parties.
-
Karolina
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 19:29
- Gender: Female
Start time again
Where are you working at?Celgar wrote:RM runs most of the part time duties with the prep being done by other posties then you come in and tie up and deliver it. If RM did it the other way around and had end bits of walks left to deliver it would be much more difficult to plan & cover.
In our office we currently have a part time duty which is four full days of prep and full delivery of a walk but we have been unsuccessful so far in getting someone to take the job. A lot of people only want limited hours of work otherwise the benefits they receive will be reduced. We have just had forty applicants for the job and one person has been accepted but nothing is guaranteed and this one may fall through like the ones before.