ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Newbie question. I find that I’m scrambling about in my bag for parcels when if I had a list I could look for that number straight away OR is that way to long to sort out and just something I’ll pick up on the job. We do use the tuned letter system.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Try to put parcels for certain parts of your walk in different areas of the van
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Seagull1983 wrote:Newbie question. I find that I’m scrambling about in my bag for parcels when if I had a list I could look for that number straight away OR is that way to long to sort out and just something I’ll pick up on the job. We do use the tuned letter system.
turn a letter and put the number of the house with a parcel on the back of it, then when loading your bag try to put the parcels in walk order
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Put them in your bag in the order you want to take them out. If you can't see the label of a parcel when it's in the bag then write a number on the part of the parcel which is visible.
It's just a memory test really. Unless you have a masssiveeee loop then you should get good at memorizing each parcel. I don't turn cards or write numbers anymore. I picture the person whose parcel it is when I put it in the bag, when you get to know the round that is.
It's just a memory test really. Unless you have a masssiveeee loop then you should get good at memorizing each parcel. I don't turn cards or write numbers anymore. I picture the person whose parcel it is when I put it in the bag, when you get to know the round that is.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
He says he turns lettersleolion855 wrote:Seagull1983 wrote:Newbie question. I find that I’m scrambling about in my bag for parcels when if I had a list I could look for that number straight away OR is that way to long to sort out and just something I’ll pick up on the job. We do use the tuned letter system.
turn a letter and put the number of the house with a parcel on the back of it, then when loading your bag try to put the parcels in walk order
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Write the number on top of packet with a marker pen ( especially helpful for us with eyesight problems ) and try to get them in a reasonable order in the bag. I just memorise the first house number then look at next packet in line - easy.
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
leolion855 wrote:Hadn’t thought (or seen) of numbering the turned letter. I doff my Cap to those that go from memory.Seagull1983 wrote:Newbie question. I find that I’m scrambling about in my bag for parcels when if I had a list I could look for that number straight away OR is that way to long to sort out and just something I’ll pick up on the job. We do use the tuned letter system.
turn a letter and put the number of the house with a parcel on the back of it, then when loading your bag try to put the parcels in walk order
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
And what about your partner's loops. . . do they read your mind ? ? ?Tomolo208 wrote:Put them in your bag in the order you want to take them out. If you can't see the label of a parcel when it's in the bag then write a number on the part of the parcel which is visible.
It's just a memory test really. Unless you have a masssiveeee loop then you should get good at memorizing each parcel. I don't turn cards or write numbers anymore. I picture the person whose parcel it is when I put it in the bag, when you get to know the round that is.
I agree, parcels need to be sequenced in your satchel. Correct procedure (for marking where a parcel is on your loop) is a BLANK P739 in the appropriate slot on your frame. Turning letters is old school ( though some still do this !) and writing anything on the P739 or turned letter OR parcel is a No No. Endorsement of undelivered mail items is, of course, an exception .
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
p739's are not to be used for marking where a parcel is as these can be delivered and cause customer confusion letter turning is the correct way to go and loading one side of your lwt with letters and packets in the other side is supposed to be the correct wayDecky Boy wrote:And what about your partner's loops. . . do they read your mind ? ? ?Tomolo208 wrote:Put them in your bag in the order you want to take them out. If you can't see the label of a parcel when it's in the bag then write a number on the part of the parcel which is visible.
It's just a memory test really. Unless you have a masssiveeee loop then you should get good at memorizing each parcel. I don't turn cards or write numbers anymore. I picture the person whose parcel it is when I put it in the bag, when you get to know the round that is.
I agree, parcels need to be sequenced in your satchel. Correct procedure (for marking where a parcel is on your loop) is a BLANK P739 in the appropriate slot on your frame. Turning letters is old school ( though some still do this !) and writing anything on the P739 or turned letter OR parcel is a No No. Endorsement of undelivered mail items is, of course, an exception .
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
I agree blank P739s through customer's doors cause issues and problems. . . but a blank P739 is SOP since The Way Forward Agreement. . . We all sat down at WTL and watched the two fellas prepair and deliver their duties . 'Twas a cracking short film I recallglenfiddich wrote:
p739's are not to be used for marking where a parcel is as these can be delivered and cause customer confusion letter turning is the correct way to go and loading one side of your lwt with letters and packets in the other side is supposed to be the correct way
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Here’s a mad one - tie all parcels into the bundles, as if they are letters, using the big laggybands.
No thought required then when delivering. All you need to do is grab the next bundle you’re on. No bending down over your trolley searching for parcels.
And yes, I’m pretty much talking anything shoebox or smaller.
You’ll end up with more bundles yes, but it won’t take up more room - obviously.
No thought required then when delivering. All you need to do is grab the next bundle you’re on. No bending down over your trolley searching for parcels.
And yes, I’m pretty much talking anything shoebox or smaller.
You’ll end up with more bundles yes, but it won’t take up more room - obviously.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Lists would be too long winded. You need to put them in the order you're going to pull them out. It'll come with practice. I don't even put markers in, just look through the bag before the loop and order them.
-
Raggedy Man
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 19 Sep 2017, 16:01
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Load your parcels onto your bag in the order of the loop. If it’s a heavy day (Christmas periods) and there’s loads of small parcels that can get lost in the bottom of the bag I sometimes jotted house numbers on the back of a bit of paper that I put at the back of the bundle of post I was carrying. Generally though I found that my memory improved as I did the job longer.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Do you write a numbered parcel list ?
Turn a letter for a packet from the bag. For bigger parcels take the letters for said address aside ahead of next loop.