ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lancelotward
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 21:54
Gender: Male

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by Lancelotward »

Hi Everyone,
I had noticed recently on the dimensions website (where you order your uniform) that a long sleeve red shirt/blouse has become available.

I tried to order it on Saturday, but my manager said he would have to speak to someone.

My manager came back to me today and said that I cannot have it because i'm not "FEMALE"

I wonder what Royalmail's Policys are for Transgender employee's???

Surely I should be allowed to wear whatever parts of the uniform I deem suitable?? regardless of my gender

Any thoughts?

I have attached a picture of the shirts on the website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by yellowbelly »

Show your manager this (from RM's own website)!!!!

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/07/perfect-fit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by arnold cheshire »

Why don't you go on the web and order some?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yep - I just went on to the website and it gave me the option of ordering the red blouses and polo shirts https://detail.dimensions.co.uk/Royalma ... l%2Fevo%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by bmccoll »

I tried to order the maternity wear but was refused!!! WTF!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by wacko74 »

It doesn't matter what you order, how you order it, or what your self identified non-binary gender orientation happens to be... you'll still get to come up against the incompetence and/or deliberate obstructiveness that is RM's uniform ordering system.

I've currently been waiting 5 weeks for a pair of trainers ordered via my manager and 2 months for shirts and a stormproof ordered via the website. (All within my allowed allocation)
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by hans solo »

got to keep profits up and expenditure down for the big investors
so expect standards dropping everywhere
the bonus culture rules in rm
supertouring
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2018, 21:47
Gender: Male

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by supertouring »

bmccoll wrote:I tried to order the maternity wear but was refused!!! WTF!
Lol
Lancelotward
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 21:54
Gender: Male

Not allowed to order the Red Shirt Because i'm MALE

Post by Lancelotward »

yellowbelly wrote:Show your manager this (from RM's own website)!!!!

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/07/perfect-fit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OMG! thank you so much!!! I will print this out and pop it on his Desk!

thanks everyone for the input! :nana

regards

Lance