ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Attendance review meeting

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Post12345
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
Gender: Female

Attendance review meeting

Post by Post12345 »

I've triggered a meeting as been off for a few weeks. All sicknoted etc.
What can I expect?
Do I need to take a rep?
I'm not yet out of probation as been here 11 months.
Thanks in advance x
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Attendance review meeting

Post by postmanzach »

Definitely take a rep
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Attendance review meeting

Post by DrSatan »

Probation is 6 months?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Attendance review meeting

Post by rambo1 »

deetee wrote:Definitely take a rep
If the rep is any good that is. If not you can take whomever you want in with you to observe and witness the meeting. Is there a long standing well respected postie there who you get on with who would be willing to do it? Ideally, someone who knows the score, which in my experience is not necessarily the union rep. Good luck and if you're a good worker you have nothing to worry about. Getting rid of you and training up someone new is far too expensive, presuming your office runs like every other, i.e low on staff.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Attendance review meeting

Post by rehabron »

Post12345 wrote:I've triggered a meeting as been off for a few weeks. All sicknoted etc.
What can I expect?
Do I need to take a rep?
I'm not yet out of probation as been here 11 months.
Thanks in advance x
By your post I am assuming that you are on a 12 month probabtionary if as you state you are still in your probabtionary period.
If the few weeks you have been off is your only absence in that time and as your probabtionary period was soon to end provided there are no other reasons to justify your dismissal late attendance etc then I would expect the possibilty of an extension to your probabtionary period.
Whatever happens do NOT attend this review attendance meeting unaccompanied as a good rep should be able to argue your case and there could be mitigating circumstances involved in your absence. The amount of new starts who are leaving the business voluntarily within weeks of commencing and having spent money in your training they may think twice about severing your employment.