ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RTC!
-
Cmcf96
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 02:04
- Gender: Male
RTC!
Hello I was in an accident that is blameworthy, there’s very light damage to van and other car. manager said there will be some form of conduct to follow. What should I expect to happen?? A driver training course or taken off driving, starting to worry a bit! Can anyone shed some light on what will happen.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
RTC!
Taken off driving, followed by a driver training course? Try not to worry. I've known folk to write a van off, and all they had to do was the driver training course again.Cmcf96 wrote:Hello I was in an accident that is blameworthy, there’s very light damage to van and other car. manager said there will be some form of conduct to follow. What should I expect to happen?? A driver training course or taken off driving, starting to worry a bit! Can anyone shed some light on what will happen.
Good luck
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
RTC!
The conduct code is not a tool to be used in the RTA procedure unless there is a history of multi collisions.Cmcf96 wrote:Hello I was in an accident that is blameworthy, there’s very light damage to van and other car. manager said there will be some form of conduct to follow. What should I expect to happen?? A driver training course or taken off driving, starting to worry a bit! Can anyone shed some light on what will happen.
The RTA procedure commences with a fact finding meeting, 1v1 meeting and a decision on a blameworthy or unblameworthy.
A first minor bump may not involve the removal from driving and is presently being monitored.
Manager may want a driving assessment from the Advanced Driving coach or an assessment by their outside provider Pertemps however the latter eats into their budget.
More likely a ticking off or a 1 hour training assessment