ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fuel card
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Fuel card
I took the wrong fuel card out today to put petrol in the van....it was only cleared for diesel so got declined....it now has to be paid in 24 hours by debit card or cash.....not sure if I'll get in the s**t tomorrow or not....anyone else had this happen..?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Fuel card
I don't think you need to worry about it. A while back I went to the nearest petrol station to fill up the van with diesal but they had run out which happens quite often unfortunately. So I then had to drive miles in the opposite direction to the next nearest petrol station. I filled up with diesal and I had the correct card for the van. It was a Shell station which is alright to use for RM vans but the card refused to work after several attempts in the machine. They made overtures for me to pay with my own money but I don't usually have money on me at work and wouldnt pay for it myself anyway. They got me to fill in and sign some paperwork and the DOM returned there the following day and paid for it either with my card or the spare card. I would be reluctant to go to that Shell station again though in case it happened again. There is an Esso one next to the Shell one anyway.jaylime wrote:I took the wrong fuel card out today to put petrol in the van....it was only cleared for diesel so got declined....it now has to be paid in 24 hours by debit card or cash.....not sure if I'll get in the s**t tomorrow or not....anyone else had this happen..?
So I think you will be fine. Just don't put unleaded in a diesal van !!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.