ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
Had a brief discussion about taking annual leave next year with my postie and he mentioned “purchasing” annual leave ?! How does this work ? And cost ? I know the evil managers will make it difficult to take the the leave when I want etc. But never Come across this in a workplace before.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
management aren't involved, or wasn't for me, call HR up and request whatever you want, i pay £2.70 pw to top up to 25 days or whatever the new hours are now, not sure on 30 days
think it has to be completed by sometime in february to start from apri
think it has to be completed by sometime in february to start from apri
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
For details on how it works, the form is an old one but the process/system is the same.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8257&mode=view
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/download/file.php?id=8257&mode=view
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
Could RM not extend this IE if I was here for 20 plus years could I not buy 7 or 8 weeks per year?
-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
Didn't the union (I think) suggest the idea of being able to buy a 7th week some time ago?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
Sometimes there are not enough slots for every postie to book six weeks a year so no use trying to go for seven weeks a year.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
Get more staff I will pay a % of my wage but sadly organisation lacks in this business we cannot find anyone to do the lapsing because we have no staff even though we are over our traffic figures by 20% it is a cost and it will bite them on the ass big time this year!Celgar wrote:Sometimes there are not enough slots for every postie to book six weeks a year so no use trying to go for seven weeks a year.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
So I officially get 4.5 weeks leave? Thanks, did wonder to be honest!
How does the half a day work? I assume they let it roll into the following year so it becomes an extra day?
How does the half a day work? I assume they let it roll into the following year so it becomes an extra day?
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
tell me more as I'm stuck in a situationworld class male wrote:management aren't involved, or wasn't for me, call HR up and request whatever you want, i pay £2.70 pw to top up to 25 days or whatever the new hours are now, not sure on 30 days
think it has to be completed by sometime in february to start from apri
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
The purchasing of holiday leave ?
Yes that’s right. It will roll into the next year (but double check that it has!)postietom wrote:So I officially get 4.5 weeks leave? Thanks, did wonder to be honest!
How does the half a day work? I assume they let it roll into the following year so it becomes an extra day?