Hi all.
I'm a 30hr (5 day) reserve who has very kindly been given the 27th August as my day off. Other reserves have various non-Bank Holiday days as their day off that week.
Am I still right in thinking that if the manager can't allocate another day that week as the day off, then it can be claimed as an overtime payment? Is that a policy irrespective of contracted hours / does that also apply in my case, as a part timer?
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question about BH as assigned 'day off'
-
Killoffs
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 10 Jul 2018, 19:59
- Gender: Male
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Question about BH as assigned 'day off'
if youre doing 6 hour days, then anything over 24 hours worked next week is OT or the option to get a day in lieu if you get to 30 hours.
-
Killoffs
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 10 Jul 2018, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Question about BH as assigned 'day off'
Thanks, that makes sense 
-
fiveoclockhero
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
- Gender: Male
Question about BH as assigned 'day off'
I’ve been given an extra days annual leave
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Question about BH as assigned 'day off'
Is that what you wanted? It’s YOUR choice to either have it paid as overtime or have an extra day added to your annual leave not theirs.fiveoclockhero wrote:I’ve been given an extra days annual leave
-
fiveoclockhero
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
- Gender: Male
Question about BH as assigned 'day off'
I’m happy with the extra day. I only had 4 left, now I got a full weeknumber one wrote:Is that what you wanted? It’s YOUR choice to either have it paid as overtime or have an extra day added to your annual leave not theirs.fiveoclockhero wrote:I’ve been given an extra days annual leave
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Question about BH as assigned 'day off'
If you have been given the Monday as your day off next week (very impressed you already have a schedule for next week!) then you are entitled to EITHER overtime for one day that you work that week OR a day added to your holiday, whichever one you prefer (although if your office is like most then an extra day holiday isn’t a good choice as you won’t be able to book it!)Killoffs wrote:Hi all.
I'm a 30hr (5 day) reserve who has very kindly been given the 27th August as my day off. Other reserves have various non-Bank Holiday days as their day off that week.
Am I still right in thinking that if the manager can't allocate another day that week as the day off, then it can be claimed as an overtime payment? Is that a policy irrespective of contracted hours / does that also apply in my case, as a part timer?
Thanks.