ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reducing hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Thecallaghanclan
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Aug 2018, 15:47
Gender: Male

Reducing hours

Post by Thecallaghanclan »

Hi, I would like to return to college in the next few months. I am going to have to quit my job as a postie because of this. I am part-time 24hrs and I am going to sit down with my manager and tell him that I am leaving. Do you think its possible that he would be willing to offer me a 1 day a week contract, if I ask, or will he rather me leave completely?
Last edited by Thecallaghanclan on 19 Aug 2018, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Reducing hours

Post by greengiant »

Thecallaghanclan wrote:Hi, I would like to return to college in the next few months. I am going to have to quit my job as a postie because of my desision. I am part-time 24hrs but I am going to tell my manager that I am leaving tomorrow. Do you think its possible that he would be willing to offer me a 1 day a week contract, if I ask, or will he rather me leave completely?

All you can do is ask? Good luck!
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Reducing hours

Post by koolishy67 »

One women in our office reduced her 6 days to 3 in our office.
Thecallaghanclan
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Aug 2018, 15:47
Gender: Male

Reducing hours

Post by Thecallaghanclan »

Cheer guys, so it's possible. That's good to know, as I would like to continue.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Reducing hours

Post by terry2972 »

Yes we have a couple of people who only work Saturdays in our office