ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by postmanzach »

I am going back to work tomorro after having two weeks off for paternity leave. My second child, should be happiest days and it would be without this stress of not getting paid.

my payslip was blank, 0 hours, so rang HR.

I rang HR and they said it was because my leave hadnt been ended, I went off on the wednesday the 11th of july and they said I should have returned yesterday on the 25th. They said my leave was marked as 'open ended.' My manager had said to me before I went on leave, come back in on friday as I lost out on my long weekend, in actual fact im owed hours, as every 4 weeks we get long long weekends [friday saturday monday and tuesday off] and this fell during my paternity, so I wouldnt have actually taken a full 2 weeks off. [The other 2 weeks were we work and have wednesday and thursday off we work more than our scheduled hours but it all works out ok].

Little bit complicated in that aspect, but fact is I still should and need to be paid! my manager is off on holiday abroad, havent even tried calling him. HR are saying wait till next week.
and i should be paid in full. but..
What I'm here whinging about is to know what if I was unable to pay my mortgage, bills and occured overdraft fees because my manager messed up?

My wife didnt go back to work after our first [she was a chef hours were not possible, rather be poor and scrape by than not have time with our daughter) but we got tax credits but then this year were told had to pay them back as we were over paid. Anyway this is neither here nor there, the point is I NEED MONEY im in a 32.2 hour contract and I usually to overtime so I can pay all bills and rent.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by Creditshampoo »

Demand same day bank transfer. It’s pissible don’t be fobbed off.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by number one »

Yes, if they’ve messed up they can sort it same day
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by NewPostieUK »

Contact Roland Hill http://www.rowlandhillfund.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They might very well pay your bills for the month.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by postmanzach »

Ah right cheers I shall look into it and ring HR when I finish at about 5pm! Was down to start late at 7.50 expecting round to have been thrown off but not a single letter in the frame so will be an hour behind, the duty finish time is 1545 so il be lucky to be done by 5. No manager here today he’s gone sick probably because he’s guilty of f’ing up my pay.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by NewPostieUK »

deetee wrote:, the duty finish time is 1545
Your finish time! No need to work past that.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by postmanzach »

NewPostieUK wrote:Contact Roland Hill http://www.rowlandhillfund.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They might very well pay your bills for the month.
Yeah I’m fortunate enough to have a sensible wife with some savings, but just takes the piss, and a what a time.
I’m in stressful situation because a manager has f’ed up. My dom has been away on holiday so the covering manager has messed it up, although looks like my doM actually left it in this mess. I think was because he tried to make it look like he was helping me out by giving me a extra day (when actually owed more than that)
I actually quite like the guy and don’t want to see him in trouble for it but at the same time he has messed up, I’m shocked this is even possible.

The manager gave me this copy of an email as if it’s a justified explanation to me.

No idea how I got -50 tax to cover guess to cover commsave ..makes no sense to me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by woody38 »

On your original post the manager told u to come back in on the Friday, I except u missed some holiday, but working for RM we all get screwed over pay or holiday u just learn to accept it.
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

So first time in over ten years I wont be paid tomorrow..

Post by Stella102 »

deetee wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:Contact Roland Hill http://www.rowlandhillfund.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They might very well pay your bills for the month.
Yeah I’m fortunate enough to have a sensible wife with some savings, but just takes the piss, and a what a time.
I’m in stressful situation because a manager has f’ed up. My dom has been away on holiday so the covering manager has messed it up, although looks like my doM actually left it in this mess. I think was because he tried to make it look like he was helping me out by giving me a extra day (when actually owed more than that)
I actually quite like the guy and don’t want to see him in trouble for it but at the same time he has messed up, I’m shocked this is even possible.

The manager gave me this copy of an email as if it’s a justified explanation to me.

No idea how I got -50 tax to cover guess to cover commsave ..makes no sense to me
you have just identified yourself and office with that payslip