ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Claiming For Sun Cream

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by crimson king »

Someone in our DO was saying RM used to and are supposed to hand out sun cream in extreme weather such as this.

Anyway, I've been going through shed loads of the stuff and bought some more on the way home in preparation for this continuing heatwave. It ain't cheap, is it, considering the amount we use? So, I was wondering about chucking the receipt in tomorrow and see what happens. I expect much shaking of heads, denial and rushing to and from the font of bullshit, followed by a vague 'we'll look in to it for you' and it to never be never mentioned again.

But I thought it might be worth a go. Just wondering if anyone had tried this before and, more pertinently, if they'd been successful.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
gand
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by gand »

They don't give a f**k about sun cream or our health and safety in the sun. I've been trying for years to get them to give out sun cream wee get told by both the cwu and royal mail that wee can't have sun cream because someone may be allergic to sun cream. So that makes it fine for the rest of us to get skin cancer. Best thing is that our friends in BT who are also in the cwu can have sun cream and claim for it.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by crimson king »

That's interesting about BT, thanks for that.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

They give us long trousers, long sleeve shirts and hats instead.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by Postie45 »

wear your waterproof jacket, no need for sun cream :nana
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by Chelseablue »

Go naked and cover uresel in margarine great look
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by crimson king »

Chelseablue wrote:Go naked and cover uresel in margarine great look
Buy me a couple of beers and a chip butty on the way home and you're on :nana
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by Brandy »

Chelseablue wrote:Go naked and cover uresel in margarine great look
You would get a great tan!!! :shock:
Flashman_
Posts: 363
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by Flashman_ »

I have fair skin and not wearing sum cream is simply not an option. I was thinking the other day about sending my sun cream receipts directly to the chief executive, to see what their response would be!
Maybe we should get a campaign to all send them in, try and shame these thoughtless pr**s into doing what they should be doing anyway.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by rehabron »

crimson king wrote:Someone in our DO was saying RM used to and are supposed to hand out sun cream in extreme weather such as this.

Anyway, I've been going through shed loads of the stuff and bought some more on the way home in preparation for this continuing heatwave. It ain't cheap, is it, considering the amount we use? So, I was wondering about chucking the receipt in tomorrow and see what happens. I expect much shaking of heads, denial and rushing to and from the font of bullshit, followed by a vague 'we'll look in to it for you' and it to never be never mentioned again.

But I thought it might be worth a go. Just wondering if anyone had tried this before and, more pertinently, if they'd been successful.

Sun Cream ? With your user name :nana :nana :nana
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by crimson king »

rehabron wrote:
crimson king wrote:Someone in our DO was saying RM used to and are supposed to hand out sun cream in extreme weather such as this.

Anyway, I've been going through shed loads of the stuff and bought some more on the way home in preparation for this continuing heatwave. It ain't cheap, is it, considering the amount we use? So, I was wondering about chucking the receipt in tomorrow and see what happens. I expect much shaking of heads, denial and rushing to and from the font of bullshit, followed by a vague 'we'll look in to it for you' and it to never be never mentioned again.

But I thought it might be worth a go. Just wondering if anyone had tried this before and, more pertinently, if they'd been successful.

Sun Cream ? With your user name :nana :nana :nana
:Very Happy :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by Celgar »

RM doesn't supply suncream due to possible allergic reactions and the blame culture & suing.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by crimson king »

Celgar wrote:RM doesn't supply suncream due to possible allergic reactions and the blame culture & suing.
Yes, so I've been told. Fair enough then, even more reason for those of us without allergies to be able to put in a claim for what they'd be supplying otherwise, surely?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
paulsmd
Posts: 88
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by paulsmd »

gand wrote:They don't give a f**k about sun cream or our health and safety in the sun. I've been trying for years to get them to give out sun cream wee get told by both the cwu and royal mail that wee can't have sun cream because someone may be allergic to sun cream. So that makes it fine for the rest of us to get skin cancer. Best thing is that our friends in BT who are also in the cwu can have sun cream and claim for it.
I always say to that so why do they put hand cream in the toilets, someone may be allergic to that. Still don`t get me anywhere.
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Claiming For Sun Cream

Post by hero22 »

If the reason is down to possible allergies, shud bringing in sun cream to the workplace from home not be banned also incase u kill someone ? :oops: