ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
hottest week of the year
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
Yes this week going to be a scorcher,ive 5 lots of door to doors,plenty of fluids for me this week,i shall be going a slightly below average pace due to the excessive heat = H & S
,plenty of docket,plenty of shade = H & S
,Any complaints about overtime,i shall be finishing to my time,im not flogging myself to get back 5 mins early in this heat simple.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
hottest week of the year
Dont forget to walk in the shade! Thats what I was told when it was hot! Oh dear I wonder what plonker came up with this idea,its just unbelievable,its only RM that would!!!!!comeracing wrote:Yes this week going to be a scorcher,ive 5 lots of door to doors,plenty of fluids for me this week,i shall be going a slightly below average pace due to the excessive heat = H & S,plenty of docket,plenty of shade = H & S
,Any complaints about overtime,i shall be finishing to my time,im not flogging myself to get back 5 mins early in this heat simple.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
hottest week of the year
I really feel for all you posties in this heat,it must be unbearable for you all especially being out in the hottest part of the day.I dont suppose RM ever give you a thought. 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
they have thought of us - given us lapsing to do so were out longer in the heat.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
hottest week of the year
Yep, one or maybe two extra rounds being lapsed this week!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
Also don't forget to keep smiling when somebody sat in thier garden with a beer says to you. "You got a great job in this weather". Just stay safe have plenty of fluids. Glad I'm off for two weeks. Don't think I could handle working in that sun for much longer.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
Lucky! I don’t deal well with the heat at all so probably gonna be throwing up every day this weekCPTNemoUK wrote:Also don't forget to keep smiling when somebody sat in thier garden with a beer says to you. "You got a great job in this weather". Just stay safe have plenty of fluids. Glad I'm off for two weeks. Don't think I could handle working in that sun for much longer.
-
Chris413
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 13 Jul 2018, 07:52
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
Same with me I have M.E. and my body don't like heat, I am worried about the next 2 weeks.Rapidryan88 wrote:Lucky! I don’t deal well with the heat at all so probably gonna be throwing up every day this weekCPTNemoUK wrote:Also don't forget to keep smiling when somebody sat in thier garden with a beer says to you. "You got a great job in this weather". Just stay safe have plenty of fluids. Glad I'm off for two weeks. Don't think I could handle working in that sun for much longer.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
hottest week of the year
Yep Met office Amber weather warning to stay out the sun and we have just gained extra lapsing. We're told to take our time on delivery, walk in the shade, wear hats and drink plenty of fluids.
I thought DOMs had an extreme weather template thing so they put in how much snow or how hot it is and it advises them what to do with us ?
Previously we had the option to flex and come in earlier, crack on to avoid still being out in the worst of the heat. Occasionally section managers would drive around the deliveries checking everyone was ok and offering bottled water if required but maybe that was back in the day when managers cared.
I thought DOMs had an extreme weather template thing so they put in how much snow or how hot it is and it advises them what to do with us ?
Previously we had the option to flex and come in earlier, crack on to avoid still being out in the worst of the heat. Occasionally section managers would drive around the deliveries checking everyone was ok and offering bottled water if required but maybe that was back in the day when managers cared.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
I think on weeks of extreme temperatures like its going to be this week royal mail should have a contingency plan in place to limit the exposure to the heat for us posties, but we all know they don't give a F***. if anything they'll expect us to work harder, longer and give us more work. Even being dead these days working for royal mail is a poor excuse for not turning up for work.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
Yes we are all aware of the unprecedented weather at the minute,and as much as I loath this management culture of not giving a damm about the workforce,I’m not not really sure what can be done about working in such weather,a common sense approach across the board would be nice, but we all know that that’s somewhat lacking with in this business at many levels,we’ve just about got everybody on board now doing the job properly and having our breaks,a slower pace is so much better,as big brother is watching us we have nothing to fear ,and doing it as it should be done,has sent a clear message to the boss, we’ve plummeted down a league table but get the same reward at the top as at the bottom,so that won’t be a miss,we’re being driven to become inefficient now,which is a shame but so much less of a worry.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
Throwing up... As in being sick due to the heat? That doesn’t sound good. Are you sure you’re drinking enough throughout the day? I got through a 2 litre bottle on my round today.Rapidryan88 wrote:Lucky! I don’t deal well with the heat at all so probably gonna be throwing up every day this weekCPTNemoUK wrote:Also don't forget to keep smiling when somebody sat in thier garden with a beer says to you. "You got a great job in this weather". Just stay safe have plenty of fluids. Glad I'm off for two weeks. Don't think I could handle working in that sun for much longer.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
I drink a litre and a half usually, I really can’t hack this weatherJpro747 wrote:Throwing up... As in being sick due to the heat? That doesn’t sound good. Are you sure you’re drinking enough throughout the day? I got through a 2 litre bottle on my round today.Rapidryan88 wrote:Lucky! I don’t deal well with the heat at all so probably gonna be throwing up every day this weekCPTNemoUK wrote:Also don't forget to keep smiling when somebody sat in thier garden with a beer says to you. "You got a great job in this weather". Just stay safe have plenty of fluids. Glad I'm off for two weeks. Don't think I could handle working in that sun for much longer.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
"I drink a litre and a half usually, I really can’t hack this weather"
Lightweight; I get through this, plus a few cans of Bud and chasers. Then I go and do my double lapsing. What a caring company we work for.
Lightweight; I get through this, plus a few cans of Bud and chasers. Then I go and do my double lapsing. What a caring company we work for.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
hottest week of the year
I drink 2 litres in the office and 4 when I’m out. Still not enough