ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

leave after reinstatemnt

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kharkov
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Jul 2018, 19:30
Gender: Male

leave after reinstatemnt

Post by kharkov »

if a person is re employed following an appeal can a manager deny that persons leave requests on the basis that the weeks requested are already at ceiling.A few years ago I remember a conversation with HR over a similar case and they said since this persons duty was covered because it wasn't certain he'd be back, and he wasn't on the man plan,then there was no basis to deny his leave.does anyone know if this is still the case
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

leave after reinstatemnt

Post by rehabron »

kharkov wrote:if a person is re employed following an appeal can a manager deny that persons leave requests on the basis that the weeks requested are already at ceiling.A few years ago I remember a conversation with HR over a similar case and they said since this persons duty was covered because it wasn't certain he'd be back, and he wasn't on the man plan,then there was no basis to deny his leave.does anyone know if this is still the case

iF you have lost out on your nominated leave because of dismissal and waiting for an appeal decision and the manager has filled your holiday slot on the assumption that you will not be returning which has now reached the ceiling for that particular period then that is the manager's problem and you are entitled to your original nominated leave.

You have exercised your right of appeal which has proved that your dismissal was flawed then why should you now be hit twice by not honouring your leave.
You may have booked a hoilday.

With the aid of your union rep contact the appeals manager who carried out the investigation and explain the situation you have been left in through no fault of your own.
kharkov
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Jul 2018, 19:30
Gender: Male

leave after reinstatemnt

Post by kharkov »

thats basically what I thought,I didn't receive a leave card whilst suspended even though I asked, so I couldn't book any leave. when I won the appeal and returned I was told book the leave you want and you can have it if theres room.out of six weeks 4 have been disallowed,the union says I should have whatever I want because im not on the man plan and so the leave ceiling isn't relevant royal mail are digging their heels in and making me feel as unwelcome as possible