ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Purchase of extra annual leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thornebt1
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 10:26
Gender: Male

Purchase of extra annual leave

Post by thornebt1 »

I've been purchasing extra annual leave to bring my entitlement up to 30 days. However, last week I completed twenty years service so am now entitled to 30 days leave. I've still got a POAL deduction of £7.19 on my payslip this week. I'm guessing that this might be 'Purchase of Annual Leave'. Does anyone know when this deduction will stop please? Would it be as soon as twenty years service are completed or at the end of the holiday year? Thank you.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Purchase of extra annual leave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

thornebt1 wrote:I've been purchasing extra annual leave to bring my entitlement up to 30 days. However, last week I completed twenty years service so am now entitled to 30 days leave. I've still got a POAL deduction of £7.19 on my payslip this week. I'm guessing that this might be 'Purchase of Annual Leave'. Does anyone know when this deduction will stop please? Would it be as soon as twenty years service are completed or at the end of the holiday year? Thank you.
End of the holiday year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
thornebt1
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 10:26
Gender: Male

Purchase of extra annual leave

Post by thornebt1 »

Thanks very much for the instant reply!