ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sending a memo from your pda

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Where does it go to please?
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by glenfiddich »

To infinity and beyond :left:
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by rubberbond »

It's obviously seen by someone, somewhere because I remember a post whereby they had replied to a text message on a PDA in a rather Anglo Saxon Way and it went down like piles on a jockey.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by Celgar »

RM should really take all this bloatware off the PDA software and just leave is with what we actually use. Drop the stuff like memo and the really annoying pop up stuff like reporting an incident at a mailbox & the navigation software which I fully expect no one uses or can make work.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Celgar wrote:RM should really take all this bloatware off the PDA software and just leave is with what we actually use. Drop the stuff like memo and the really annoying pop up stuff like reporting an incident at a mailbox & the navigation software which I fully expect no one uses or can make work.
I would just be happy if I didn't have to pull the battery out at least once a day. The software isn't fit for purpose.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by wacko74 »

I still don't even know what button I accidentally press to bring up that "report an incident" screen but i have it come up at least 5 times a day :mad
Mr Rush
Posts: 3345
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by Mr Rush »

They go into the Memory Hole. It's a purely one-way line of communication: propaganda > you
The machine stops.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by number one »

Never mind that, has anybody found how you turn the bloody SatNav off when accidentally put on?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Sending a memo from your pda

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:RM should really take all this bloatware off the PDA software and just leave is with what we actually use. Drop the stuff like memo and the really annoying pop up stuff like reporting an incident at a mailbox & the navigation software which I fully expect no one uses or can make work.
Do the delivery PDAs have all the inward and outward MC options as well as all the delivery options? In MCs now they get used for recording traffic for some streams of mail (I'm expecting that to be all manual streams of mail eventually)