ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Collecting of keys etc
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Collecting of keys etc
What is the correct procedure of collecting van keys box keys pdas and specials,may sound silly but we go into the office and collect,some offices don’t on our return from delivery nobody is about,to manage returned items and the pm despatch is done by a postie on s/a,I presume this is normal?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Collecting of keys etc
Should be a phg or DOM in the office/callers office when you return from delivery to zap any SD/tracked etc you bring back.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Collecting of keys etc
you''ll be lucky.if your not back by 2.30pm the place is locked up and you have to leave stuff in the van and take the battery out the PDA's . You have to put the collection mail in a postbox that empties at 6pm
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Collecting of keys etc
Our office sounds similar to yours. Officially we’re not allowed in the RLE and the door is supposed to be locked, but everyone goes in anyway to collect their keys specials etc. The locker duty person is usually too busy prepping the lapsing rounds. Nobody there when we get back either so we have to sign our stuff back in.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Collecting of keys etc
Like the rest of Royal Mail, doesn't seem to be any standard practice. We have one person handing out specials and one van keys from two seperate hatches, many times though they're unmanned coz they also have to serve in the callers so you grab all the stuff yourself. The pdas are in a cabinet by the door.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
kreka
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 18:41
- Gender: Female
Collecting of keys etc
Guys
what does RLE mean? I understand it's something to do with special delivery...but what does it exactly mean?
I work at JMC and we are getting bags with these labels on
thnx
what does RLE mean? I understand it's something to do with special delivery...but what does it exactly mean?
I work at JMC and we are getting bags with these labels on
thnx
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Collecting of keys etc
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 56&t=68169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;kreka wrote:Guys
what does RLE mean? I understand it's something to do with special delivery...but what does it exactly mean?
I work at JMC and we are getting bags with these labels on
thnx
Registered Letters Enclosure
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.