ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Misdelivery of a parcel
-
Joe B
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Hi, I was on a van share today and had to deliver a stack of parcels to an address after dropping my partner of to start his loop. This stack of parcels was loaded into the van by him and I somehow missed the fact that there was a missort amongst them and wrongly delivered it. The house I wrongly delivered to then delivered it to the correct address and was witnessed by my partner. My partner decided to tell me that I "screwed up big" after we had driven to our next loop. I'm sitting here worrying about it and have the next 2 days of as A/L. I'm considering ringing the office tomorrow to see if there's been a complaint. P.s the chap I was working with is alright, but a bit strange. I don't believe he snuck it in there on purpose. 
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Don't worry about it, happens. I dropped one on the street once and a member of the public delivered it! They'll probably not complain anyway and even if they do just say what you've said, busy day you didn't prep them ect ect.
In any case, how does your partner know you misdelivered? People have stuff delivered next door or whatever all the time coz their neighbour is more likely to be in.
In any case, how does your partner know you misdelivered? People have stuff delivered next door or whatever all the time coz their neighbour is more likely to be in.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Don't phone by the way. You might be fessing up to something you haven't done, or bring to their attention something they'll never know about.
-
Joe B
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
My partner knows because he was finishing his loop where the parcel got delivered. The way this part of the round gets done is I drop him of and then I drive any big parcels on my way to where I park the van, I then do a loop and end up back at the van. Thanks for the reply 
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Dont ring the office or tell the screws. And if it ever does comes to light, tell the truth. You delivered it but your partner put it in by mistake.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Misdelivery of a parcel
Your partner must be amazing as it seems he has never made a mistake.
Don't worry about it, and certainly don't ring the office and possibly create a problem that may not exist.
Don't worry about it, and certainly don't ring the office and possibly create a problem that may not exist.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Stop worrying we all make mistakes , after all were human beings. Your partner sounds like a complete twat .don't say anything back at the depot , just forget about it , nothing usually comes of these things.
-
Joe B
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Thank you for the replies, you've put me at ease.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Assuming he wasn't joking your partner honestly sounds like a bit of nutter, really don't worry about it and enjoy your AL.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Don't worry about it Joe.
I've heard of people losing specials and all that happen to them is a verbal slap on the wrist!
At worst I suspect your lino (if they receive a customer complaint) will ask you to double check addresses before delivering them. Just nod, and say you will in future!
While Royal Mail would like us to be 100% error free 100% of the time, we are only human. I remember one time during the christmas pressure period, ringing a customers door to deliver a parcel, only when she answered that I double checked the packet. It was addressed to a similar sounding street in a different county which is covered by a different DO!! I back pedalled my way out of that situation by just apologising and saying I thought I'd check that this wasn't meant for the customer as the address was quite vague....
Like I said, don't worry about it, and just enjoy your a/l!
I've heard of people losing specials and all that happen to them is a verbal slap on the wrist!
At worst I suspect your lino (if they receive a customer complaint) will ask you to double check addresses before delivering them. Just nod, and say you will in future!
While Royal Mail would like us to be 100% error free 100% of the time, we are only human. I remember one time during the christmas pressure period, ringing a customers door to deliver a parcel, only when she answered that I double checked the packet. It was addressed to a similar sounding street in a different county which is covered by a different DO!! I back pedalled my way out of that situation by just apologising and saying I thought I'd check that this wasn't meant for the customer as the address was quite vague....
Like I said, don't worry about it, and just enjoy your a/l!
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Misdelivery of a parcel
Don't worry about it. We are human and all make mistakes!!!!!
-
Joe B
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Interesting turn of events, I apologised to the customer when delivering her mail the other day, it turns out the parcel that was delivered to her by that other customer went missing the week prior. I was under the impression it was misdelivered that morning, but it obviously wasn't. This rules me out as I wasn't on that round for that particular week. I delighted in telling my partner it was probably him
I did apologise to the customer on behalf of the company though as it's the right thing to do.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery of a parcel
Hope you told him ( he screwed up big time)Joe B wrote:Interesting turn of events, I apologised to the customer when delivering her mail the other day, it turns out the parcel that was delivered to her by that other customer went missing the week prior. I was under the impression it was misdelivered that morning, but it obviously wasn't. This rules me out as I wasn't on that round for that particular week. I delighted in telling my partner it was probably himI did apologise to the customer on behalf of the company though as it's the right thing to do.