Bad news first. Then the vague stuff.
Growth in cross-border parcels - mainly from Asia into Europe : On face value this appears to be a win. In actuality the majority of these items are coming from manufacturing hubs via China Post. Due to several factors we are receiving as little as 0.5 pence for handling these items. They usually aren't very heavy but if collected together they would fill many Yorks.
Strategic focus on cost & investment - exceeded three year cost avoidance targets : Doesn't sound good either.
Around 170 DOs to go through revisions this year between now & October : I don't think this was mentioned in the pay agreement and it wasn't that long ago that every DO had full revisions & full resigns.
Auto Hours Data Capture (AHDC) ".....for safety purposes....to control costs." : There's no doubt it will cut costs but it will do sod all in terms of H&S. I don't think AHDC can be used outside a burning DO or on a fire alarm test to check everyone is out of the building.
Now onto the vague stuff. Pages four and five supposedly give more detail of changes as a result of the pay agreement. Except all we get is more fancy titles and throwing in the word 'fairness' a few times. Here are the fancy titles with no details:
Resource Scheduler.
Resourcing Checklist.
Delivery Methods.
Quality Checklist.
Professionalising Area Distribution (PAD).
Network Review.
Collection Hub Optimisation (CHO) & postbox strategy.
Most of these titles are to do with very important changes to the way we do the job and yet there is very little detail. We are all still very much in the dark as to the future.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Courier May 2018 - Still too vague!
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Courier May 2018 - Still too vague!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Courier May 2018 - Still too vague!
Will the job still entail putting bits of paper through letterboxes? 
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Courier May 2018 - Still too vague!
Now that Moya is leaving, she has done her job and boy does she know how to blow her own trumpet!!
I saw the WTLL session and I heard in the interview how she single handedly turn Royal Mail around to the great and prosperous company that it is today
I saw the WTLL session and I heard in the interview how she single handedly turn Royal Mail around to the great and prosperous company that it is today
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Courier May 2018 - Still too vague!
oh yes, but somedays will have more house's to deliver to than others.Bahia Feliz wrote:Will the job still entail putting bits of paper through letterboxes?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Courier May 2018 - Still too vague!
I get the impression that Moya doesn't feel she was treated that well compared to the new incumbent and she is probably correct. Seeds of doubt were sown with her comment on the new German data regulations. We will have to wait and see on what effect they have but I think it will just be a 'paper exercise' and the business won't be affected.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.