ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

SA Backpay Hours Entry

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

SA Backpay Hours Entry

Post by LaggyBand »

Last week, I performed 8 hours SA as I am contracted to do. Instead of being paid for 8 hours, I’ve been paid for six. Nothing unusual, they usually balls it up, but they always correct it when they do.

Anyway, for the Arrears of SA entry, there is a “6” in the adjacent “hours” column. I’m just wondering what this is for, and whether perhaps my backpay has been calculated on me being contracted for six hours when I am in fact contracted for eight..

Thanks for any advice
stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1458
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04

SA Backpay Hours Entry

Post by stephen500 »

Overtime system entries closed on Thursday the previous week to enable calculation of new pay rates and back pay. The hours you are owed will be paid next week. I am owed 3.5 hrs.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

SA Backpay Hours Entry

Post by LaggyBand »

stephen500 wrote:Overtime system entries closed on Thursday the previous week to enable calculation of new pay rates and back pay. The hours you are owed will be paid next week. I am owed 3.5 hrs.
Yeah, I was asking about the hours entry next to the SA arrears though, not the hours I’m owed. Just wondered why there was a “6” in the hours column, and if that meant my backpay had been calculated as me doing six per week rather than eight.