ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trolley Trackers
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
This morning one of our Delivery Coaches told some of us that RM are looking at putting trackers on LWTs to ensure their usage etc . Has anyone else heard about this ?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
what a great idea and about time everybody worked the same way ,
and with scanning in and scanning out , happy days .
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
Biggest thing is actually finding a LWT that isn't either rusted to bits from laying in a heap round the back of the office or defective!
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
Put it this way if using a Lwt sped you up we would get conduct coded for not using them so total bolocks pda data now is the only way to make savings from the full-time con men hiding out until finish time
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
Don't need to track the ones at our place, they're rusting in numerious yorks at the back of the yard.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
Have you seen the Panorama on Amazon and their tracking system?
Worth a watch. That’s us in ten years’ time.
Worth a watch. That’s us in ten years’ time.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
Better get some more LWT's then as there are only 4 left in our office that work
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
I hadn't heard this but I'm not surprised. RM and the CWU don't want posties struggling with heavy pouches of mail on their backs. When we had bicycles posties were reluctant to wear the hi-vis jackets and helmets. This contributed to the bikes being taken away from most DOs.TheTrolleyMan wrote:This morning one of our Delivery Coaches told some of us that RM are looking at putting trackers on LWTs to ensure their usage etc . Has anyone else heard about this ?
On the AHDC trials detection devices are on all exits including toilet door entrances as well as on sorting frames. The LWTs aren't generally being used so eventually RM will make them be used on the relevant walks.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Trolley Trackers
We've got dozens of them in mint condition in a storeroom. They were issued nearly 8 years ago, but only 2 people in an office of 90 actually use them and guess what?....they aren't noticeably slower at delivering than their partners on P&L (excepting, of course, the wall climbing, garden hopping, doorstepping, running types)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Trolley Trackers
We have no trolleys does that mean they cannot track the trolleys or us?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Trolley Trackers
were all tracked (and don't mean the ones we scan )

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
I think we're at the same DO, lol. No more than half a dozen that work anyway. I always get a sideways look whenever I say to a new partner 'im off to find a trolley'. Can't understand why more people don't use them tbh. I worked with a woman of petite stature last week and some of our pouches were horrendously heavy. I said that I'd find a trolley for her but she scoffed and sniffed that she never uses them and looked at me like I was a super wimp.eastie wrote:Better get some more LWT's then as there are only 4 left in our office that work
Highlights of my day were watching her set off on her loops, lurching like a drunk as she gamely struggled with her load. What these people are doing to their backs in the long term makes me shudder.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Islander
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 10:02
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
So I am being moved to park and loop next week, if there are no LWT what happens as I will not carry bags. I had this once before when I had a day at a different office on park and loop and my partner didn't use the trolleys and was supprised sniggered that I wanted too, I had a back operation in 2003 and dont intend to screw that up.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
Outsource the problem.Islander wrote:So I am being moved to park and loop next week, if there are no LWT what happens as I will not carry bags. I had this once before when I had a day at a different office on park and loop and my partner didn't use the trolleys and was supprised sniggered that I wanted too, I had a back operation in 2003 and dont intend to screw that up.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Trolley Trackers
I would say its a managers job to sort you the equipment to do the job , so no lwt no delivery its simple and don't let them try and get you to carry bags , its mandatory to use lwt ,Islander wrote:So I am being moved to park and loop next week, if there are no LWT what happens as I will not carry bags. I had this once before when I had a day at a different office on park and loop and my partner didn't use the trolleys and was supprised sniggered that I wanted too, I had a back operation in 2003 and dont intend to screw that up.