ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Saturday off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Matt123
Posts: 45
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 20:12
Gender: Male

Saturday off

Post by Matt123 »

I am a PT reserve and I was wondering how often i was entitled to a Saturday off
I have gone 6 weeks next week without a Saturday off
I was told that I have to have the day off for the duty that I am covering
But I am on 4 different duties that week
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Saturday off

Post by fishtank »

It depends on the agreed duty pattern in your office but the worst case scenario should be the equivalent of 1 in 6 saturdays off, that doesn't necessarily mean a saturday off every 6 weeks though. It might mean 2 in a row and then nothing for 10-11 weeks. Unfortunately that's the life of a reserve.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Saturday off

Post by korky »

fishtank wrote:It depends on the agreed duty pattern in your office but the worst case scenario should be the equivalent of 1 in 6 saturdays off, that doesn't necessarily mean a saturday off every 6 weeks though. It might mean 2 in a row and then nothing for 10-11 weeks. Unfortunately that's the life of a reserve.
you can almost guarantee that most reserves who are down for covering upcoming duties that have next sat/mon off on that system will get friday off instead of saturday but the monday won't get changed
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Saturday off

Post by Creditshampoo »

Speak to your rep about it
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Saturday off

Post by loverman shabba »

just blob if they don't give you any Saturdays off