ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Seniority Questions
-
Blaine
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Seniority Questions
How does seniority work for someone who's transferred to agency and back vs someone who started permanently at RM but later? I continued onto delivery as a Christmas casual after Mail Centre work, got transferred to agency when that contract ran out in January and soon to be transferred back to RM on permanent. Will I be above or below someone who joined permanently in Feb/March before I was made permanent? Furthermore, there are others who are in my exact same position, worked with them over Christmas and soon to be taken on permanently also, how is it decided between those of us that started on the same dates? 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Seniority Questions
Casual service doesn't count, unfortunately. If it did I would benefit.
13.6 All service within an appropriate grade, whether on a permanent or temporary basis, will count for seniority purposes, with the exception of any periods worked on a casual contract, or during a career break or sabbatical. Unpaid leave will count provided there is no break in contract. Service after age 60 will continue to count. However, service must be continuous for seniority purposes, with periods prior to any break in the contract (due to re-employment, for example) not generally included, unless there are exceptional circumstances applying to particular cases that are agreed at local level.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.