ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
back pay.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
back pay.
I hope I'm wrong but I doubt itmartygee wrote:JUST A QUICK QUESTION. FINISHED ON ILL HEALTH A WEEK AGO, IF THE NEW PAY DEAL GETS ACCEPTED, WILL I RECEIVE AND BACKDATED PAY AS I WAS STILL EMPLOYED BY RM FOR THAT PERIOD?
Hope you start feeling better soon
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
back pay.
I don’t think you will get it. I’m leaving at the end of the month and a rep said I should wait a couple of weeks. Also said he’s told a couple of people who are retiring to hold off until after it’s paid. I made the point about them owing me it as I’d already worked it and he just kinda looked at me like I was talking a different language. For the amount I’ll get (part time, 27 hours) I’d rather let them keep it as I just wanna get out the door!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
back pay.
We already have.Andy_07 wrote:When do we find out about the pay deal ?
If you mean the vote. When the ballot closes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
back pay.
That only applies to lump sum payments not belated pay rises.number one wrote:You have to be “in post” when the backdated payrise is issued.
If you left any time after October 1st 2017 you will be entitled to some back pay, the amount will depend on how long after and how much overtime you did in that period.
As ninja pointed out you will have to hassle HR for it though.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
back pay.
fishtank wrote:That only applies to lump sum payments not belated pay rises.number one wrote:You have to be “in post” when the backdated payrise is issued.
If you left any time after October 1st 2017 you will be entitled to some back pay, the amount will depend on how long after and how much overtime you did in that period.
As ninja pointed out you will have to hassle HR for it though.
In that case somebody needs to tell Terry Pullinger this as the question was asked and answered by him at a recent area meeting.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
back pay.
As the pay rise relates to a specific period of time in which you were employed withholding it would amount to an unlawful deduction of wages recoverable by an employment tribunal.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share