ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

This company is a disgrace

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by Warriorpostie »

I worked 37 hours last week (30 hour contract) & when I got my payslip yesterday I was only paid my flat rate of 30 hours. Obviously a clawback for the previous weeks snow days & the Saturday when I made it into work & was sent home. This company is really pissing me off to the point of leaving. Such a fantastic job once out on delivery but all the other bullshit that goes along with the job I.e poor management & now being denied wages is really making me rethink my future at Royal Mail.
Wornoutpostie
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by Wornoutpostie »

Yes disgraceful.....
Put in a grievance

I’ve worked for Royal Mail now for over 20 years, this is the worst I’ve seen it.
Disgusting behaviour by management.
The Saturday before mother’s days, management held back a York of Mail full of 1st class, 48hr Delivery scans, and Mother’s Day cards...... In the end the staff turned it back round and hunted out the cards.... management failed the rest. Never ever has that happened before....
Totally disgusting.......
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by hans solo »

new culture between mgmt and employee in full force there then
VOTE NO
Wornoutpostie
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by Wornoutpostie »

hans solo wrote:new culture between mgmt and employee in full force there then
VOTE NO
It’ll never change.....
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by tommyrep »

Wornoutpostie wrote:
hans solo wrote:new culture between mgmt and employee in full force there then
VOTE NO
It’ll never change.....
Without members realising solidarity is the only way, it will never change.
Roll over and die or fight back with dignity ?
Too many members selfish and oblivious to the treatment dealt out to many poor colleagues.
The divide and conquer simple rule will always win until the members have a change in attitude.
It is really that easy, but everyone is out for themselves now unfortunately.
RM are taking the piss, we need a long overdue look in the mirror.
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by hans solo »

doesnt help when our senior officials are out to lunch with rm
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

hans solo wrote:doesnt help when our senior officials are out to lunch with rm
IT does worry me that the new deal info was out weeks ago but organising the voting took so long , it's almost like the CWU wants it's members to get so fed up that they'll take this deal whatever , too much cosying up to RM for my liking !
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by cpsteve »

Warriorpostie wrote:I worked 37 hours last week (30 hour contract) & when I got my payslip yesterday I was only paid my flat rate of 30 hours. Obviously a clawback for the previous weeks snow days & the Saturday when I made it into work & was sent home. This company is really pissing me off to the point of leaving. Such a fantastic job once out on delivery but all the other bullshit that goes along with the job I.e poor management & now being denied wages is really making me rethink my future at Royal Mail.
I am sure they made a mistake no such thing as clawing back as far as i know get you rep to sort it out.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by aiden01 »

Warriorpostie wrote:I worked 37 hours last week (30 hour contract) & when I got my payslip yesterday I was only paid my flat rate of 30 hours. Obviously a clawback for the previous weeks snow days & the Saturday when I made it into work & was sent home. This company is really pissing me off to the point of leaving. Such a fantastic job once out on delivery but all the other bullshit that goes along with the job I.e poor management & now being denied wages is really making me rethink my future at Royal Mail.
was the extra 7hours duty or ot.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by joewyan »

Warriorpostie wrote:I worked 37 hours last week (30 hour contract) & when I got my payslip yesterday I was only paid my flat rate of 30 hours. Obviously a clawback for the previous weeks snow days & the Saturday when I made it into work & was sent home. This company is really pissing me off to the point of leaving. Such a fantastic job once out on delivery but all the other bullshit that goes along with the job I.e poor management & now being denied wages is really making me rethink my future at Royal Mail.

I would think it more likely that it was a mistake. Did you sign for the overtime on the day/days that you completed it?
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

This company is a disgrace

Post by Warriorpostie »

It’s no mistake. The DOM has done people out of their overtime saying because we went home early on the Saturday (deliveries didn’t go out due to snow) any overtime we worked would be hours we owed Royal Mail. The 7 hours was overtime for the backlog of mail from 3 days of no delivery due to snow which was all pre authorised overtime. He has obviously seen this as a way to save hours & meet budgets. Our office rep is on the case but with a pretty shitty area rep who management seem to have in their pocket makes me feel it’s a losing battle.


I herd Scottish delivery offices lost 3 days pay or annual leave?? But got all back after a call for strike action.? Can anyone confirm this?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

This company is a disgrace

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Warriorpostie wrote:It’s no mistake. The DOM has done people out of their overtime saying because we went home early on the Saturday (deliveries didn’t go out due to snow) any overtime we worked would be hours we owed Royal Mail. The 7 hours was overtime for the backlog of mail from 3 days of no delivery due to snow which was all pre authorised overtime. He has obviously seen this as a way to save hours & meet budgets. Our office rep is on the case but with a pretty shitty area rep who management seem to have in their pocket makes me feel it’s a losing battle.


I herd Scottish delivery offices lost 3 days pay or annual leave?? But got all back after a call for strike action.? Can anyone confirm this?

Neither, the threat of strikes is still live and request for a ballot is ongoing. Also, a Regional Rep for that area is collating information on such occurrences and will be dealing directly with Royal Mail over it.

There are a few stories in the News section here and on various CWU facebook pages.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.