So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I've got your back.....not really!
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
I've got your back.....not really!
If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
I've got your back.....not really!
Doesn't surprise me. Glad you are okay and not hurt.
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
I've got your back.....not really!
For the life of me I haven't a clue what your going on about
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
I've got your back.....not really!
Probably more of a vent.rehabron wrote:If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
I've got your back.....not really!
Thank you. Thankfully ok just angry that I was put in a situation.Interested-seeker wrote:Doesn't surprise me. Glad you are okay and not hurt.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
I've got your back.....not really!
If you were put into a situation where the occupants of a house on your route was known to have a dangerous dog and this was common knowledge to your work colleagues who have done this route previously and failed to flag it up and your DOM for placing you in a dangerous situation then I would advise a grievance to be taken to the next management authority level and also involve your H&S representative and ensure you request written answers and what future actions are to be taken.DRM wrote:Probably more of a vent.rehabron wrote:If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.
-
DRM
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
- Gender: Female
I've got your back.....not really!
Thank you for the advice. I will be taking it further as clearly something failed. Does every office have a h&s representative?rehabron wrote:If you were put into a situation where the occupants of a house on your route was known to have a dangerous dog and this was common knowledge to your work colleagues who have done this route previously and failed to flag it up and your DOM for placing you in a dangerous situation then I would advise a grievance to be taken to the next management authority level and also involve your H&S representative and ensure you request written answers and what future actions are to be taken.DRM wrote:Probably more of a vent.rehabron wrote:If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
I've got your back.....not really!
Your office will have a H&S representative.
You can also bring this to the attention of David Joyce who is the National Health and Safety Officer. E-mail DJoyce@cwu.org
You can also bring this to the attention of David Joyce who is the National Health and Safety Officer. E-mail DJoyce@cwu.org
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
I've got your back.....not really!
If the Manager is aware of a Dangerous Dog and took no action he has failed in his duty of care and could be in a world of hurt. HSE would also be interested if the tories hadn't cut their budgets.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
I've got your back.....not really!
But you are not doing yourself any favours by shouting and calling people "arseholes".DRM wrote:Thank you for the advice. I will be taking it further as clearly something failed. Does every office have a h&s representative?rehabron wrote:If you were put into a situation where the occupants of a house on your route was known to have a dangerous dog and this was common knowledge to your work colleagues who have done this route previously and failed to flag it up and your DOM for placing you in a dangerous situation then I would advise a grievance to be taken to the next management authority level and also involve your H&S representative and ensure you request written answers and what future actions are to be taken.DRM wrote:Probably more of a vent.rehabron wrote:If you have used this site to get it off your chest you've done it and bet you feel a lot better for it.DRM wrote:So yesterday there was an incident whilst I was out delivering. This incident could have ended with me being seriously injured. It was something that shouldn't of happened. I won't go in to details as others were involved.
I spoke / shouted at the DOM of what had happened only to be told I was to blame. I wasn't. And that's not me being arsey about it. If I'm at fault for things I hold my hands up. There was a catalogue of errors by others / the system that shouldn't of allowed this to happen.
But I'm so angry about it. If I had got seriously injured I know exactly which side of the fence the DOM and RM would have been, and it wouldn't have been on my side.
True colours showing through.
These arseh*les really don't care, as long as their targets are met!
Sorry had to vent.
If you are looking for advice/info. you will have to be a bit more specific.
But the incident involved a dangerous dog, known to our DOM and others in the office. Needless to say that was the situation I was put in.