ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mother's Day mayhem!
-
kevbo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
Busiest Saturday I can remember for a while and still the idiots run around to complete their lapsing. When cutting off manager couldn’t even keep a straight face when asking why.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
Was extremely busy in my office too, on top of that we had a posting from the nice people at the electoral roll went 40 mins over.
When i got back to the office the DOM asked if i wanted to more as some people handed back. He must of been desperate ive barely worked any over time in 7 years. I said "no thanks" in a not so polite way.
When i got back to the office the DOM asked if i wanted to more as some people handed back. He must of been desperate ive barely worked any over time in 7 years. I said "no thanks" in a not so polite way.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
Still plenty of yorks of mail and parcels piled up in our office, been hit hard this week as we’re still trying to clear backlog fron the snow! No doubt there will be some unhappy mothers in my area. They wanted us to work today (sunday), don’t think there were many volunteers though.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Mother's Day mayhem!
If nothing comes into our office tomorrow we may stand a chance of clearing what didn't get done yesterday!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Mother's Day mayhem!
Had loads of those long boxers of flowers that said "will post through letterbox" most didn't, hope there still alive after being taken back to the sorting office.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
Yeah I went 2 hrs over and they want me to " try a neighbour " , not a chance !mattycash wrote:Had loads of those long boxers of flowers that said "will post through letterbox" most didn't, hope there still alive after being taken back to the sorting office.
-
Wild Rover
- Posts: 614
- Joined: 03 Aug 2007, 17:41
- Location: Jockistan
Mother's Day mayhem!
Supposed to be real heavy tomorrow. DOM asking everyone to come in early on Monday (on o/t). No thanks... this from the same company who threatened staff with no payment on Red alert weather warning day 
-
swindonandy
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
It's supposed to be heavy tomorrow because MCs up and down the country have not been clearing this week, in some cases even not unloading Inward artics because there is no room because of mail already in. DSA etc backed up too from the snow still, hopefully caught up over the weekend so one day of hell for you all then back to normal.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
Yeah but mails droppingswindonandy wrote:It's supposed to be heavy tomorrow because MCs up and down the country have not been clearing this week, in some cases even not unloading Inward artics because there is no room because of mail already in. DSA etc backed up too from the snow still, hopefully caught up over the weekend so one day of hell for you all then back to normal.
-
HDD8
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 18:21
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
lcook282 wrote:Was extremely busy in my office too, on top of that we had a posting from the nice people at the electoral roll went 40 mins over.
When i got back to the office the DOM asked if i wanted to more as some people handed back. He must of been desperate ive barely worked any over time in 7 years. I said "no thanks" in a not so polite way.
The DOM was still there when you got back....????....!!!!!..................ON A SATURDAY...????....!!!
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
HDD8 wrote:lcook282 wrote:Was extremely busy in my office too, on top of that we had a posting from the nice people at the electoral roll went 40 mins over.
When i got back to the office the DOM asked if i wanted to more as some people handed back. He must of been desperate ive barely worked any over time in 7 years. I said "no thanks" in a not so polite way.
The DOM was still there when you got back....????....!!!!!..................ON A SATURDAY...????....!!!
Yes, a very rare occurrence. I had to borrow a colleagues glasses to double check.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
Dom was still there, on a Saturday, wow they must be dedicated.lcook282 wrote:Was extremely busy in my office too, on top of that we had a posting from the nice people at the electoral roll went 40 mins over.
When i got back to the office the DOM asked if i wanted to more as some people handed back. He must of been desperate ive barely worked any over time in 7 years. I said "no thanks" in a not so polite way.
-
littlebee90
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 20:22
- Gender: Female
Mother's Day mayhem!
Fed up of this backlog. It's not possible to complete in time, you ask to leave stuff and you either get told to take it all or leave bits and bobs for it all to be sitting there the next day on top of another days work to do. And they wonder why it's not cleared.
I clear a duty then get shoved on to something the next day that has piles of backlog.
The amount of mail is ridiculous. 4 bundles a street on a Tuesday is awful.
My body aches and I'm cranky and tired. I have no energy to enjoy my time out of work.
I hope they get it sorted sooner. I think they need to treat it like Xmas but to sweep it under the carpet hoping every Tom dick and Harry will willingly work over day in day out is unreasonable.
People are bending over backwards yet they never even got paid for a red weather warning day.
I clear a duty then get shoved on to something the next day that has piles of backlog.
The amount of mail is ridiculous. 4 bundles a street on a Tuesday is awful.
My body aches and I'm cranky and tired. I have no energy to enjoy my time out of work.
I hope they get it sorted sooner. I think they need to treat it like Xmas but to sweep it under the carpet hoping every Tom dick and Harry will willingly work over day in day out is unreasonable.
People are bending over backwards yet they never even got paid for a red weather warning day.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Mother's Day mayhem!
My mum was really pleased with her 1/2 dead Mother’s Day flowers that got delivered 3pm Monday
Thank you RM
Thank you RM
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Mother's Day mayhem!
Sounds like you got those cuttin off blues...littlebee90 wrote:Fed up of this backlog. It's not possible to complete in time, you ask to leave stuff and you either get told to take it all or leave bits and bobs for it all to be sitting there the next day on top of another days work to do. And they wonder why it's not cleared.
I clear a duty then get shoved on to something the next day that has piles of backlog.
The amount of mail is ridiculous. 4 bundles a street on a Tuesday is awful.
My body aches and I'm cranky and tired. I have no energy to enjoy my time out of work.
I hope they get it sorted sooner. I think they need to treat it like Xmas but to sweep it under the carpet hoping every Tom dick and Harry will willingly work over day in day out is unreasonable.
People are bending over backwards yet they never even got paid for a red weather warning day.
I hear what you're saying. I was like this last week. Played their game, left in, this loop out, this loop up your arse.
Today management came round my frame and offered half of it out on O/T..... another gripe, another time....
I mean, seeing people with my duty at ten past one.....oh, never mind.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.