Anyway, it made me feel a bit better and I just thought I'd share and if anyone else likes it, cool. If, as is probably the case, you think it's a load of s**t, whatever....the week I've had I really don't care anymore
Cuttin' Off Blues
Woke up this morning, with a sense of dread,
Knowing already that I can’t complete,
Gotta get movin’, better go earn my bread,
But already they got me beat,
I got those cuttin’ off blues.
Walking in the DO, maybe there’s a chance,
That’ll it be okay, they’ve learned to manage,
There’ll be no need for the morning dance,
And all the mental damage,
And I’ll end these cuttin’ off blues.
At the frame now, see I’ve made a mistake,
It’s bulging, it pulses, man, it’s overflowing,
Full-timer standing there, he’s got the terror,
Get the lino, time for the showing,
Get some more of those cuttin’ off blues.
Boss, really sorry, I need to work to my time,
Is there an issue? Everyone else completes!
No, just wanna do my hours, please, it ain’t no crime,
Performance perhaps? You’re weak and slow on your feet!
Here they come, those lonesome cuttin’ off blues.
Boss, can’t you see this overload and trouble?
Blind to how the whole system’s cracked?
Chaos falling about our ears like paper rubble,
Expect me to complete? Where’s that full time contract?
Give me at least that, not these cuttin’ off blues.
Why can’t they see, why is it so hard?
I just can’t squeeze six, seven hours into five,
Why must I be bullied, threatened with my cards?
And forced to perform this ritual, this tiring f***ing jive?
Cut me some slack, take away these cuttin’ off blues.
So I’ve begged and jumped through their hoops,
Now I feel useless, undervalued and cheap,
But hey, least they’ve taken off two loops,
Albeit hinting I’m for the scrap heap,
Oh my, they’re here again, those cuttin’ off blues.
I will not cow, shan’t submit, I will not hide,
Keep harassing me, bully me to complete,
You won’t take my dignity, won’t dent my pride,
As long as I believe in my soul I won’t be beat,
You can stick your cuttin’ off blues.
