ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not For Me
-
gumbygirl77
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 08 Mar 2018, 10:56
- Gender: Female
Not For Me
Hello
Started two weeks ago and have decided this job really is not for me.
So need to hand in notice - how much will they want considering I have only been there two weeks ?
Thanks.
Started two weeks ago and have decided this job really is not for me.
So need to hand in notice - how much will they want considering I have only been there two weeks ?
Thanks.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
Due to being a new starter your contract will as with all new contracts require 4 weeks notice and because of the backlog of mail due to the recent weather conditions you will more than likely have to serve the full notice period.
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
If it’s about the physical aspect of the job, it does get easier. I would give it atleast a month before making a final decision, most posties will tell you it’s a great job once your up to speed.gumbygirl77 wrote:Hello
Started two weeks ago and have decided this job really is not for me.
So need to hand in notice - how much will they want considering I have only been there two weeks ?
Thanks.
One thing you need to learn is to stand up for yourself, ie, dont be afraid to inform your manager in the morning if you can’t complete and bring back any work you can’t do. This is probably the most stressful thing for any new starter.
If it’s for personal reasons then I wish you best of luck in whatever you do.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
Give it a few more weeks!!
-
viking1488
- Posts: 446
- Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
most posties will tell you it’s a great job once your up to speed errrr what planet are you on lolThe Postman wrote:If it’s about the physical aspect of the job, it does get easier. I would give it atleast a month before making a final decision, most posties will tell you it’s a great job once your up to speed.gumbygirl77 wrote:Hello
Started two weeks ago and have decided this job really is not for me.
So need to hand in notice - how much will they want considering I have only been there two weeks ?
Thanks.
One thing you need to learn is to stand up for yourself, ie, dont be afraid to inform your manager in the morning if you can’t complete and bring back any work you can’t do. This is probably the most stressful thing for any new starter.
If it’s for personal reasons then I wish you best of luck in whatever you do.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Not For Me
If money does not bother you just tell them you have had enough and cannot take anymore and go. Probably nothing will happen except you will not get anymore pay from RM.gumbygirl77 wrote:Hello
Started two weeks ago and have decided this job really is not for me.
So need to hand in notice - how much will they want considering I have only been there two weeks ?
Thanks.
-
gumbygirl77
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 08 Mar 2018, 10:56
- Gender: Female
Not For Me
Thanks for your replies. Really helpful.
Physically this is killing me ; cannot believe there was not some sort of medical during the interview process
I am a father and have no intention of keeling over just for RM...
Physically this is killing me ; cannot believe there was not some sort of medical during the interview process
I am a father and have no intention of keeling over just for RM...
-
Post12345
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 18 Sep 2017, 18:56
- Gender: Female
Not For Me
If you don't need a reference just tell them you are off :) life's too short xx
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I think this is going to be a big problem for Royal Mail we had 10 new starters at the end of last year and now there is only 1 left, I think it says something about how they treat people what they expect from them
.
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
This isn’t one of them.viking1488 wrote:most posties will tell you it’s a great job once your up to speed errrr what planet are you on lolThe Postman wrote:If it’s about the physical aspect of the job, it does get easier. I would give it atleast a month before making a final decision, most posties will tell you it’s a great job once your up to speed.gumbygirl77 wrote:Hello
Started two weeks ago and have decided this job really is not for me.
So need to hand in notice - how much will they want considering I have only been there two weeks ?
Thanks.
One thing you need to learn is to stand up for yourself, ie, dont be afraid to inform your manager in the morning if you can’t complete and bring back any work you can’t do. This is probably the most stressful thing for any new starter.
If it’s for personal reasons then I wish you best of luck in whatever you do.
-
the.postman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 15:45
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
This is nothing new. I started 35 yrs ago... 20 intakes... 5 survived the first month30+YEARMAN wrote:I think this is going to be a big problem for Royal Mail we had 10 new starters at the end of last year and now there is only 1 left, I think it says something about how they treat people what they expect from them.
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I tell people to stick it for 6 weeks. Early days are difficult, it's probably more physical than people expect and you probably get messed around more than you thought possible. Both get easier, you'll get 'match fit' quicker than you think right now and the messing about should die off (but that might take a while longer).
Keep your head down, take it day by day, give yourself a chance. Six weeks, all you've have wasted is another month and you might give yourself the chance of a (fairly) decent job for as long as you want.
Don't listen to some of the negative stuff on here, if it's as bad as they make out what are they doing still here and hanging about on this site?
Don't let the b@st@rds grind you down!!!
Keep your head down, take it day by day, give yourself a chance. Six weeks, all you've have wasted is another month and you might give yourself the chance of a (fairly) decent job for as long as you want.
Don't listen to some of the negative stuff on here, if it's as bad as they make out what are they doing still here and hanging about on this site?
Don't let the b@st@rds grind you down!!!
-
Xr4
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
I started 2 years ago when I was 40, never bothered with exercise, drove to the corner shop etc. It was a big shock to me and it took a while to get used to it, but the pain was worth it in the end.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Not For Me
I'm very open minded, but that will take some explaining.gumbygirl77 wrote:
I am a father ..
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Not For Me
'Match fit' meaning your whole body will be aching hurting so it will just feel normal