ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Late arrival of D2D'S

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ROSSCO
Posts: 67
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 19:37
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by ROSSCO »

My office is due 5 D2D'S this week, but due to the bad weather have not turned up yet.
Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
And for example if they come Wednesday do you only deliver wed - sat as set out on each duty or do you still have to do all of them?
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by antcpfc »

ROSSCO wrote:My office is due 5 D2D'S this week, but due to the bad weather have not turned up yet.
Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
And for example if they come Wednesday do you only deliver wed - sat as set out on each duty or do you still have to do all of them?
We got some today but we're told we still have six days. What happens with next weeks then?
Slider tool. Lol.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by dazer0070 »

It’s a weekly problem at our office. I take from the day they arrive on my frame and take each days allocation until sat. I don’t finish them the following week. Not my problem if they can’t be put out on the Monday!!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by CPTNemoUK »

dazer0070 wrote:It’s a weekly problem at our office. I take from the day they arrive on my frame and take each days allocation until sat. I don’t finish them the following week. Not my problem if they can’t be put out on the Monday!!
That's what I do. I even got some a whole week late. I took them to the manager and he sent them back.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by fishtank »

Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
Apparently and I don't know how true it is but according to a management source if they aren't in the DO until after Wednesday start time they become something called "best endeavour" which pretty much lets your manager off the hook and passes the buck back to wherever they didn't come from when they should have.

None of that lets us off the hook though. If you're given an instruction to do them...do them.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by citypostie »

fishtank wrote:
Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
Apparently and I don't know how true it is but according to a management source if they aren't in the DO until after Wednesday start time they become something called "best endeavour" which pretty much lets your manager off the hook and passes the buck back to wherever they didn't come from when they should have.

None of that lets us off the hook though. If you're given an instruction to do them...do them.
We got the best endeavour line for this week's d2d
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by k979aaa »

citypostie wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Is there a deadline as to when they can arrive and still go out?
Apparently and I don't know how true it is but according to a management source if they aren't in the DO until after Wednesday start time they become something called "best endeavour" which pretty much lets your manager off the hook and passes the buck back to wherever they didn't come from when they should have.

None of that lets us off the hook though. If you're given an instruction to do them...do them.
We got the best endeavour line for this week's d2d
Do them bring back all your packets and loops of mail just do the D2D madness!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I will leave this here :dance https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail ... 752064.amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shouldn't laugh but I did :Very Happy
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by centenaryman »

were told any late arrival of d2d is to be cleared "whenever"....as long as the item has not run out...ie advertising an offer for that week etc

so that pretty much means every d2d will never run out so can not be sent back but has to be delivered...
I asked can I open the talk talk or bt envelopes to check any out of date offers and was called into the office for being a trouble causer LOL
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by Celgar »

D2Ds have to be delivered on the same week they are contracted to be delivered on by the customer. If they are delivered the following week that is breaking the contract. It used to be the case that if D2D arrived late eg on Wednesday of the week they were to be delivered that we got paid an additional percentage. Not sure now if that is the case - probably isn't.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Late arrival of D2D'S

Post by yellowbelly »

Because of the weather situation, our manager stated we had six delivery days (taking out Sunday) to do them.

They arrived on Wednesday so have to be delivered by the end of Tuesday delivery.

Don't know if this is still the case if there is no apparent cause for late arrival.