Ive recently just picked my 4th week of anuall leave. The week i have picked starts on 24.12.18 , which is the monday (xmas eve). Ive have been informed as its xmas pressure i will still have to come into work on the monday even tho im down to be off on holiday.
Is this correct. I cant find any information regarding this issue.
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Annual leave.
Depends, most Delivery Offices have a Leave Ban over Christmas, and when the ban extends to a part week, those who have annual leave that week get those odds day back in TOIL.Pickle wrote:Ive recently just picked my 4th week of anuall leave. The week i have picked starts on 24.12.18 , which is the monday (xmas eve). Ive have been informed as its xmas pressure i will still have to come into work on the monday even tho im down to be off on holiday.
Is this correct. I cant find any information regarding this issue.
Thanks.
Does your unit usually have a leave ban.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pickle
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 14 Oct 2009, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Annual leave.
Its a part ban if that makes any sense. the office is split into 8 groups. 4 weeks are usually blacked out. 4 weeks are free to pick. These rotate each year. Ive not checked if i fall into the blacked out weeks tbh. I was just wondering as the week off was free to pick, surley it should be blanked out, or even the monday. I also wasnt sure if the dom was pulling a fast one, not that he would 
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Annual leave.
Most offices only allow holiday that week after Christmas Day as a part week so that’s the case in your office by the looks of it. Personally I’m amazed that your office still has that week available for your 4th pick! That’s usually one of the first weeks to go
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Annual leave.
there is an agreement that Monday 24th December can't be used for annual leave.
the upside is however is you are only using 2 AL days for almost a week off.
Tue Christmas Day
Wed Boxing Day
Thur / fri / sat - one of these as your day off.
I have booked this week as it was a no brainer.
the upside is however is you are only using 2 AL days for almost a week off.
Tue Christmas Day
Wed Boxing Day
Thur / fri / sat - one of these as your day off.
I have booked this week as it was a no brainer.