I suffered my third dog bite on Wednesday whilst out on delivery, wasn't at a customers address just in the street, lady was picking up dog mess as I walked past dog bite me.
Has been reported at work, to the police and the local dog warden.
Debating about claiming, but in two minds.
It was actually a fairly young girl, presumably walking the dog for parents so I do wonder if she's even told them what happened. She did seem shocked at the time.
Any advice ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dog bite number 3
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Dog bite number 3
Do what you think is right.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Dog bite number 3
It could have been the first dog bite or could have been one of the numerous times...
Either way something needs to be done about it.
Hope you're okay.
Either way something needs to be done about it.
Hope you're okay.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Dog bite number 3
If you claim won’t they be covered by insurance?
Or do they have to pay out of their own pocket
Or do they have to pay out of their own pocket
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Dog bite number 3
Could be a child next time insist the dog is put down, milk it have a month or two off work, shock & trauma 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dog bite number 3
Both. Most insurances will cover the pet, but if they have no insurance........jd9442 wrote:If you claim won’t they be covered by insurance?
Or do they have to pay out of their own pocket
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Dog bite number 3
Even if you have reported it at work,most likely it will be brushed under the carpet unless your face fits,as it effects the greedy managers bonus.I know from experience! 
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Dog bite number 3
If you were on duty and on the street where you were meant to be I can't see a problem in claiming. Whether you get any compensation is a differen't matter!Lou84 wrote:I suffered my third dog bite on Wednesday whilst out on delivery, wasn't at a customers address just in the street, lady was picking up dog mess as I walked past dog bite me.
Has been reported at work, to the police and the local dog warden.
Debating about claiming, but in two minds.
It was actually a fairly young girl, presumably walking the dog for parents so I do wonder if she's even told them what happened. She did seem shocked at the time.
Any advice ?