ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
20 years service.
-
suz67
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother.

-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers

-
suz67
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
-
stevenshm
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 13:48
20 years service.
If you were buying extra leave you now get the full amount of leave for free to take it to the full allowance
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
I got exactly the same last year.nice to know ow we are so much appreciatedsuz67 wrote:Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother.![]()
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
It's not much better for you're 30th , them 10 yrs will fly by due to the anticipation

-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
20 years service.
Bet you are glad you stopped for 20 years then! Its great to feel so valued!suz67 wrote:Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother.![]()
Just think what I have missed out on after 19 years service when I left RM. I am gutted!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
20 years service.
Probably a bad back knackered knees and a shredded head got 30 years in myself I have all.Brandy wrote:Bet you are glad you stopped for 20 years then! Its great to feel so valued!suz67 wrote:Hi all,can anyone tell me what you get for 20 years service? Just received a pin badge that looks like it came out of a lucky bag,you cannot believe the size of the box it came in,if that’s it,stuff it straight in the bin,don’t know why rm bother.![]()
Just think what I have missed out on after 19 years service when I left RM. I am gutted!
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
20 years service.
Bet that was exciting!!Your late today wrote:1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers![]()
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
20 years service.
They do wipe the blood of their hands after back stabbing you and the other managers before they shake your hand though just don't look in their eye's just £ £ in each of them!Brandy wrote:Bet that was exciting!!Your late today wrote:1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers![]()
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
20 years service.
Just think I escaped,sorry missed this wonderful experience by leaving a year too early to get an invite!!k979aaa wrote:They do wipe the blood of their hands after back stabbing you and the other managers before they shake your hand though just don't look in their eye's just £ £ in each of them!Brandy wrote:Bet that was exciting!!Your late today wrote:1 year after my 20 year service they offered a meal and 1 free drink, they hold it when there are enough staff between all the 20, 30, year service awards. And you get to shake hands with senior managers![]()
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
Yeah um. Pin badge and I think a year after a meal and a drink. Might get a catalogue as well at that time to choose a free gift. Although that catalogue thing might have been stopped now. I'm not sure........
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
Tat stopped 2 or 3yrs agoCelgar wrote:Yeah um. Pin badge and I think a year after a meal and a drink. Might get a catalogue as well at that time to choose a free gift. Although that catalogue thing might have been stopped now. I'm not sure........
-
darlo2004
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 Nov 2013, 13:09
- Gender: Male
20 years service.
Got invited to meal and 1/2 bottle of wine, although you can buy a pint at the bar for £6 if you want. Total pish I’d rather spend my time with friends and not arseholes you have to put up with at work.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
20 years service.
You soon wont get a pin badge,just a smile off a manager and thats only if they have wind!Celgar wrote:Yeah um. Pin badge and I think a year after a meal and a drink. Might get a catalogue as well at that time to choose a free gift. Although that catalogue thing might have been stopped now. I'm not sure........