ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

If I leave now?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Alain Prost
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 18:54
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by Alain Prost »

If I left within the next 4 weeks would I loose out on the back dated pay rise/back dated lump sum or would I still be paid this?

TIA.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

If I leave now?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Alain Prost wrote:If I left within the next 4 weeks would I loose out on the back dated pay rise/back dated lump sum or would I still be paid this?

TIA.
Depends on the exact wording of the agreement, it's not a simple yes or no.

If there is an "in post" date that you need to be still employed then the day you leave and the day they chose will decide the matter.

If they backdate the pay ward for all current employees, then it depends on if you have left or not.

If they state all employees employed at the start of the year. Then in this case - yes.

If they state the pay award is backdated to 1 April and you have already left then as effectively you ended the contract voluntarily - in this case, no.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by BeamishStout »

I'd be very very surprised if any final agreement (for backdating pay) included anyone who has left the business but as TBT wisely states we would need to see the wording on any agreement. With my planned retirement looming in less than 3 months this backdating (assuming it happens) is something that may cause me to alter my plans re specific dates :hmmmm
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by loverman shabba »

is a few hundred quid worth waiting for if you have something else lined up?
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

If I leave now?

Post by seaside »

With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

If I leave now?

Post by General Mannerheim »

you'll take away the biggest part of me.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
gward
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 21:11
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by gward »

Ooooh Alain, please don’t go.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by redneck »

Oooooh Alain, I just want you to stay.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

seaside wrote:With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.
We had 10 start just before Christmas and only one remains I really think they are going to have a staff retention problem in the coming years due mainly to the way they treat people :hmmmm
Tman
Posts: 4145
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

If I leave now?

Post by Tman »

BeamishStout wrote:I'd be very very surprised if any final agreement (for backdating pay) included anyone who has left the business
Employers are legally obliged to pay everything owing to leavers, and if someone meets the qualifying criteria (of the award) they'll be paid.
RM being RM, you may have to contact the pay group and remind them...
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by fishtank »

If it's backdated pay (which it will be) you'll be entitled to it up until your leaving date.
It's only usually with lump sums that a cut off staff in post date applies.
As Tman points out you'll probably have to do some chasing.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

If I leave now?

Post by k979aaa »

30+YEARMAN wrote:
seaside wrote:With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.
We had 10 start just before Christmas and only one remains I really think they are going to have a staff retention problem in the coming years due mainly to the way they treat people :hmmmm
No s**t and they only reason I am staying is for the pay off when the kid's cannot do the job any more why should a 50 year old be expected to do it!
nudenut
Posts: 72
Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
Gender: Male

If I leave now?

Post by nudenut »

k979aaa wrote:
30+YEARMAN wrote:
seaside wrote:With reguards to leaving, anyone know the percentage of new recruits that leave the job within a year. As it is very high in our office.
We had 10 start just before Christmas and only one remains I really think they are going to have a staff retention problem in the coming years due mainly to the way they treat people :hmmmm
No s**t and they only reason I am staying is for the pay off when the kid's cannot do the job any more why should a 50 year old be expected to do it!
Amen to that bro