ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Firms

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Firms

Post by Mr Blonde »

Is there any kind of rule in place that suggests that firms mail has to be delivered first or as early as possible?

Last week, we were running late and as I had no specials on my firms but did on the delivery part of my duty (plus loads of packets) I left my firms until the last loop.

The next day when I went there a woman appeared and asked my why they got their mail at 2.30pm the previous day. I explained but wasn't impressed with her sense of entitlement.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Firms

Post by joewyan »

Nope, a firm should be treated exactly the same as a house. They seem to think they should have priority but unless they pay for a timed delivery they get it when they get it same as anyone else!
mw7485
Posts: 123
Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
Gender: Female

Firms

Post by mw7485 »

Mr Blonde wrote:Is there any kind of rule in place that suggests that firms mail has to be delivered first or as early as possible?

Last week, we were running late and as I had no specials on my firms but did on the delivery part of my duty (plus loads of packets) I left my firms until the last loop.

The next day when I went there a woman appeared and asked my why they got their mail at 2.30pm the previous day. I explained but wasn't impressed with her sense of entitlement.
As far as I am ware, there is no entitlement to first dibs for businesses. Personally, I try and get to businesses as early as practical, but at the end of the day, they are another customer in exactly the same way Joe Bloggs is and therefore do not loose sleep if they end up as the last delivery point for the day.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Firms

Post by LaggyBand »

Another example of corporations before humans.
thekiddykid
Posts: 116
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

Firms

Post by thekiddykid »

i have a few firms on my duty and there is no doubt some of the front of house staff are a pleasure to deal with. On the other hand some need serious customer service training (or is it just they look down their nose at us). Needless to say the pleasant calls tend to be delivered much earlier on my walk. The others I just put off till later :Very Happy
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Firms

Post by Creditshampoo »

Unless they pay for early delivery they can suck it
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Firms

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

Creditshampoo wrote:Unless they pay for early delivery they can suck it
^What he said, unless you're explicitly told this is an early firm & must be delivered by a certain time then they get their mail, when they get their mail.
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Firms

Post by yubin282 »

When i first joined RM in 2004 i delivered to a business that complained they were receiving there mail too late. The latest i ever delivered it was 10:25. Now they call and collect from the office. Pathetic.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Firms

Post by Celgar »

In the past I have been on a couple of walks, once with a ordinary customer & once with a firm/address with a business running from it, where the order of the frame was changed to get the mail to them earlier. That was a number of years ago though and doesn't happen anymore.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Firms

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Not Carrilion was it? :Boo hoo!